Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Pathing Grenn in "A4" Area of PoM Ran Through Wall (/forums/showthread.php?t=356857)

loramin 04-25-2020 05:13 PM

Grenn in "A4" Area of PoM Ran Through Wall

I was soloing in PoM A4 Twins, and (after killing Brenn) I got Grenn < 20%. That incarnation of him was a runner, and this happened towards the corner of the room with the recessed door (to the hallway for the ape room).

Somehow Grenn ran through the West wall, somewhere not far from the door to the hallway. My pet followed him and he aggroed a bunch of flowers (a sunny data and a petal pusher) from ... I have no idea, because the geometry there is wacky.

Hopefully that's all the details you need. I've done a lot of A4 twins, and never seen that happen before, so if it's not a new issue then it must be a very specific portion of the wall that's a problem.

Brocode 04-26-2020 04:02 PM

most likely dev team needs a video / locs of where and how its happening.

loramin 04-26-2020 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brocode (Post 3118612)
most likely dev team needs a video / locs of where and how its happening.

If dev team required FRAPS to fix any pathing issue, I'd be ... surprised.

I've narrowed the potential issue down to a relatively small portion of a single wall, but if that's not enough for them to use, then this bug will likely remain unfixed forever ... or at least until someone soloing twins happens to get one of them down below 20%, and that mob happens to be a runner, and they happen to do it in the exact same spot, and they file a bug ... and they also have OBS running at that exact moment and capture it.

Brocode 04-27-2020 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3118647)
If dev team required FRAPS to fix any pathing issue, I'd be ... surprised.

I've narrowed the potential issue down to a relatively small portion of a single wall, but if that's not enough for them to use, then this bug will likely remain unfixed forever ... or at least until someone soloing twins happens to get one of them down below 20%, and that mob happens to be a runner, and they happen to do it in the exact same spot, and they file a bug ... and they also have OBS running at that exact moment and capture it.

After path fix last patch:
https://i.imgur.com/wMbmLoy.png

Dont assume devs know what your talking about either its common knowledge or not. Im used to do that, like you to assume, and then remember i need to re explain detailed what happened and nothing better than a video to see its behavior.

Dolalin 04-27-2020 07:50 AM

The devs have a ton on their plates and making things as easy as possible for them, via a video etc, is going to get things fixed 1000x quicker.

loramin 04-27-2020 10:01 AM

Look guys, if you're asking "would it be better if I had a video?" I 100% agree: it would. But you're not listening: I can't just magically reproduce videos of glitches.

And again, you're both flat out wrong if you think devs need FRAPs to fix things. Do you have any idea how many thousands of pathing bugs people have filed here without FRAPS over the decade-plus this project has been going?