Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Also expect lists (/forums/showthread.php?t=387252)

JDFriend99 07-01-2021 09:52 PM

Also expect lists

if there isn't any Hoorah. But expect the same lines to farm legacy and the same amount of boxers account sharing to do so.

Blue velious and kunark was much more fun.

Enjoy the fights tomorrow.

Darkplague 07-03-2021 04:32 PM

Wonder if when you add yourself to the /list if the IP address could be recorded and on afk check IP address cross checked.

If it doesn't match, remove from list?

Will save the account sharing that is 100% happening.

loramin 07-03-2021 05:19 PM

It's all just so ... unclassic :(

(For the record, I supported /list 1.0 originally, but NO ONE remembers twenty-odd person days-long lines for ANYTHING on live. We just need a 2.0 version that trades 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc. places in line for a random chance for anyone on list to become #2. On live, good loot was always about patience and luck, and the same should be true here.)

Tilien 07-03-2021 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkplague (Post 3329944)
Wonder if when you add yourself to the /list if the IP address could be recorded and on afk check IP address cross checked.

I don't think this actually helps. The second or third person will use a screen sharing program so the original computer is still the computer with the login.

fortior 07-03-2021 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkplague (Post 3329944)

oh that's genius dude. just use IP addresses. lol

Castle2.0 07-03-2021 09:09 PM

Hehehe. Lists.

Still no better solution. IP adress, random to anyone on list, etc. etc. All stupidly bad ideas with endless threads bickering over it.

Only the original list stands as the least worst idea.

And still.... Lists...You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Darkplague 07-03-2021 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilien (Post 3329980)
I don't think this actually helps. The second or third person will use a screen sharing program so the original computer is still the computer with the login.

Ah yes, of course. So only the best cheaters can cheat. 😂

sajbert 07-04-2021 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castle2.0 (Post 3330025)
Hehehe. Lists.

Still no better solution. IP adress, random to anyone on list, etc. etc. All stupidly bad ideas with endless threads bickering over it.

Only the original list stands as the least worst idea.

And still.... Lists...You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Go away. You’ve made your ill-informed opinion clear on this matter enough times already. We know that you have no qualms with staying up or account sharing with someone for multiple days on end to get X listed item. I don’t know if I should be happy or sad for you.

yyrkoon 07-04-2021 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajbert (Post 3330103)
Go away. You’ve made your ill-informed opinion clear on this matter enough times already. We know that you have no qualms with staying up or account sharing with someone for multiple days on end to get X listed item. I don’t know if I should be happy or sad for you.

hes not about screensharing .

just massive botting . there have been a lot of talk about it during the mana stone days

right now prbly running his 50 necro bots to WL

cd288 07-04-2021 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3329967)
It's all just so ... unclassic :(

(For the record, I supported /list 1.0 originally, but NO ONE remembers twenty-odd person days-long lines for ANYTHING on live. We just need a 2.0 version that trades 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc. places in line for a random chance for anyone on list to become #2. On live, good loot was always about patience and luck, and the same should be true here.)

For the most part there weren’t lines from day one on live because no one knew what or where anything was. I do remember there eventually being lines for j boots at the tail end of the era of them being a drop though; people figured that one out pretty quick.