Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Naked Monk Solo (/forums/showthread.php?t=41433)

Davardo 07-01-2011 10:06 AM

Naked Monk Solo

How well could a near naked monk solo to cap? Would it even be possible?

Extunarian 07-01-2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davardo (Post 325385)

Using the strict definition of possible, yes it is.

Luckily you won't be near-naked for long. A full set of wu's and some proper jewelry is actually fairly inexpensive and will greatly increase your solo viability.

Luckier still - you can group with basically any priest class, a chanter, or a necro and totally own, even if you have limited play time.

azeth 07-01-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

yes, you could solo 1-60, and given good choices on where/what to fight, i'd wager you could do it without a single death after lvl 17.

Nytewind TP 07-01-2011 10:27 AM

Even a full set of Cured Silk and possible Sash or Headband quests would be helpful.

bullproofmonk 07-01-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Why would you be naked? Hopefully you made an iksar, and can turn in the curscale hides for an awesome newbie set of armor in Cabilis.

Once you get feign, you might even try feigning your way up to Dalnir and see if anyone is in there letting crescent rot.

Even if you made a human, you will be killing tons of spiders. If you bring all the mats to a tailor, I'm sure he would do the combines for a low price, or even free for an up and coming monk.

Vohl 07-01-2011 10:41 AM

AC from gear is pretty slight. Fist damage and delay are shoddy at low levels, but get decent enough later on (but still are not a match for the best weapons you can get).

Back in the dawn of time (pre-Kunark), monks and paladins were the only classes that could get over 1000 AC. Monks had an easier time hitting this figure.

By soloing buck naked (Texas ranger!), you'll also be missing resists (which aren't that hot at the moment), item haste (which will hurt a lot), and item-granted bonus hit points (55hp rings, 35hp earrings, 50hp robe, etc).

I've leveled my monk to 18 using cracked staff, staff and finally empty fist. He can still solo low-end DB mobs at this point. I expect it'll get a tad easier at level 20 with Eagle Strike and improved fist damage, however it is pretty slow-going at the moment. He has reasonably good AC, but I expect he could solo the same mobs with a lot more bandages and resting time between fights.

Ultimately, I'm sure the answer is yes - but it'll be slow and tedious.

Davardo 07-01-2011 11:44 AM

I say naked but mean low gear/not much gear, It is an iksar and I don't have a lot of money to buy anything yet.

bullproofmonk 07-01-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azeth (Post 325397)
without a single death after lvl 17.

This man has never used monk feign death.

deakolt 07-01-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bullproofmonk (Post 325452)
This man has never used monk feign death.

haha true I kinda loled when I read that.

Might as well be not a single death from level 1-

Relying on feign death in your 20s is sketch

azeth 07-01-2011 12:24 PM

choose your targets wisely, and don't fight anything til the bitter end.