Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Troll shaman starting stats. (/forums/showthread.php?t=252241)

emj503 09-04-2016 01:54 PM

Troll shaman starting stats.

Leveled a ogre(5 agi,rest Stam starting stat) to high teens and am really starting to dread the horrific down time. So I'm going to experiment with a troll, I cannot find a clear answer any where what would be the most ideal and best starting stats I thought all Stam left over dump in Wis but trolls have such low base stats, I have set of banded/ mixed jewellery and a pwc. Talk me into sticking out the ogre or which stats I should roll on the troll.

qualia 09-04-2016 01:57 PM

go iksar - all sta then wis
same for troll

delete the agi ogre

emj503 09-04-2016 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qualia (Post 2352779)
go iksar - all sta then wis
same for troll

delete the agi ogre

Why iksar? No jbb no snare click and I'll have to get a set of med banded. Thanks for the reply.

RDawg816 09-04-2016 04:25 PM

Well without crazy twinking, you're going to have downtime. It gets noticeably better at 24. If you're going to group, iksar/troll is great for being able to bring more to the group. If you're going to solo, that ogre might be a better fit.

I root-rotted when I wasn't in a group. Looks like you're more geared for tanking...another reason to potentially stick with the ogre.

Stats aren't that huge really. At 60 I have multiple sets of gear. You will inevitably drop wis for more hp/mana as you get 200+ wis. Soloing I'd suggest all stamina, leftovers in wisdom since more HP means you can get hit longer. If you'll be grouping, the mana is nice but either is fine.

Either way you'll be fine on both. It's just a matter of how much you want to do. Staying up on mana is a full time job sometimes.

24 changes the downtime a lot...

emj503 09-04-2016 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDawg816 (Post 2352837)
Well without crazy twinking, you're going to have downtime. It gets noticeably better at 24. If you're going to group, iksar/troll is great for being able to bring more to the group. If you're going to solo, that ogre might be a better fit.

I root-rotted when I wasn't in a group. Looks like you're more geared for tanking...another reason to potentially stick with the ogre.

Stats aren't that huge really. At 60 I have multiple sets of gear. You will inevitably drop wis for more hp/mana as you get 200+ wis. Soloing I'd suggest all stamina, leftovers in wisdom since more HP means you can get hit longer. If you'll be grouping, the mana is nice but either is fine.

Either way you'll be fine on both. It's just a matter of how much you want to do. Staying up on mana is a full time job sometimes.

24 changes the downtime a lot...

I've had the most success grouping thus far, soling just seems so inefficient at this point even with my gear and mixing in root rotting/medding with melee and am having a hell of a time. I'm parked at oasis crocs soloing is painfully slow I can't take it, I've tried hitting up uguk several times and rarely find groups. Maybe 19-24 is just incredibly painful. Idk I got two hours before I'm home and make my decision. Refolling may seem silly to some but I got to where I am in only a few sessions a couple of hours a piece. Thanks for the replies.

Rhambuk 09-04-2016 06:52 PM

19-24 is best spent in unrest for grouping maybe mm around 22.

cant imagine there arent groups there

Jimjam 09-05-2016 01:36 AM

Use the 'monk' bind wound trick while meleeing once you have finished casting any spells you want to cast?

Teppler 09-05-2016 01:51 AM

Shaman is just slow until you get to a certain level. Twinking helps the really early levels and later levels but the 16-34 range is a crawl.

Kotopes 09-05-2016 09:20 AM

Level 20 shammy with PWC, soloing seems decent enough doing crocs in Oasis. No fungi or any ubergear, just cheap stuff from EC, all items under 500 plat.

emj503 09-05-2016 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 2353028)
Use the 'monk' bind wound trick while meleeing once you have finished casting any spells you want to cast?

Please elaborate not aware of this trick.