Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   2H damage bonuses? (/forums/showthread.php?t=16261)

Polyphemous 09-01-2010 05:36 PM

2H damage bonuses?

What are the rules on 2H weapon bonuses? was there a certain speed above which a wpn got a bonus? What are the break points, etc.

Kender 09-01-2010 06:22 PM

generally speaking the bigger the delay the higher the bonus. I dont know exact bonuses though 8(

i can remember many a year ago a warrior friend of mine got hold of a Weighted Axe. he didnt use it as his regular weapon, but whenever his reposte disc was up he'd round up a few extras on the pull and whip this badboy out. the damage was insane

2H get a bigger bonus as well due to not being able to dual wield

Noselacri 09-01-2010 06:37 PM

I seem to remember 70 being the highest delay that would yield additional damage bonus, and any further delay wouldn't do anything. Also, anything under like 40 had the same damage bonus.

Dantes 09-01-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kender (Post 132262)
generally speaking the bigger the delay the higher the bonus. I dont know exact bonuses though 8(

i can remember many a year ago a warrior friend of mine got hold of a Weighted Axe. he didnt use it as his regular weapon, but whenever his reposte disc was up he'd round up a few extras on the pull and whip this badboy out. the damage was insane

2H get a bigger bonus as well due to not being able to dual wield

Yeah Tantor's Tusk was cool for that too, but you had to raise 2H piercing and the damn thing looked like a cornucopia.

Dumesh Uhl'Belk 09-01-2010 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patch Notes Sept 19, 2000
Low-Delay Weapons and Damage Bonus Changes:

In accordance with our announcement several weeks ago, two low-delay weapons can now only be equipped in the off-hand. Included in this change are the Mosscovered Twig and the Barbed Scale Whip. The delay on these weapons and the associated damage bonus to weapons in the primary hand made these weapons much too powerful for their availability and the risk associated with their acquisition.

In addition, two-handed weapons have had their damage-bonus modified. The damage-bonus for low-delay two-handed weapons (27 or below) created a problem similar to the weapons above and has been reduced. The damage-bonus has not changed for normal-delay (28-39) two-handed weapons. The damage bonus for high-delay two-handed weapons (40+) has been increased.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patch Notes Oct 8, 2001
Summary of Melee Changes:

Two-Handed Weapons have been given an increased damage bonus for characters over level 50. Also, certain post-epic quality two-handers have been improved.

Here is a table that has the correct values after all the changes listed above. I don't remember what they were before those patches.
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/dmgbonus.html?setcookie=1

guineapig 09-01-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dantes (Post 132303)
Yeah Tantor's Tusk was cool for that too, but you had to raise 2H piercing and the damn thing looked like a cornucopia.

I used to use that on my warrior on live! Only when I had max haste though.

Messianic 09-02-2010 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dantes (Post 132303)

Ranger Weapon

Cogwell 09-02-2010 09:05 AM

If I remember correctly, the ideal delay is 28 to get maximum DB/Dly. Under 28 the damage bonus took a huge dive.

Messianic 09-02-2010 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noselacri (Post 132281)
I seem to remember 70 being the highest delay that would yield additional damage bonus, and any further delay wouldn't do anything. Also, anything under like 40 had the same damage bonus.

I think this was a nerf in the velious/luclin era, b/c I remember that the weighted axe had some serious uses until that nerf...

Xadion 09-02-2010 10:10 AM

Early/Mid Velious they had a big patch about 'adding' 2h dmg bonus- or more to the effect of they are modifying and adding the dmg bonus as a shown stat on items- the DMG 'bonus' works more like a minimum hit- pre this patch it was something static across 2h and 1h weapons like i think 5dmg on 1h and 10dmg on 2h- meaning you roll, you do not 'miss' but your dmg roll and or vs AC roll sucked you could literaly hit for +0 dmg thus you would slash for 5dmg or 10dmg respectively.

The 'big change' was they where upping the minimum hit for 1hs to I belive 10dmg cossboard- and adding in a calculation on 2hs based on delay of weapon to find out the "Dmg bonus" or more like "minimum hit before hit rol mod"

Ask a bard or a knight, we see 'minimum' hits all the time- slashing for 10 after 10 etc etc lol. It was then changed later- forgot when to put 1hs on the variable calculation of dmg bonus/minimum hit- when they did that they revamped 2h to give it a max dmg bonus because of the 100delay weapons etc.