Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Looking for staff to comment (/forums/showthread.php?t=388377)

JDFriend99 07-21-2021 12:05 PM

Looking for staff to comment

Elder Holgresh being pickpocketed by rogues, who knows how many, parking in /list and stealing all day long from those working hard for it and pulling for 15-20 hrs on end.

The list times went from 25-30hs to 60 hrs approx 10 days ago so one would stand to reason when we were blaming a nerf snuck in that they were the culprits for wasting all the listers time via stealing beads off elders.

One instance i myself had was 69 elders before a bead drop over 18 hrs of no drop.

I know others have had 24 hrs no drop.

This would need investigation or a formal apology from staff for this occuring to those trying legitimately to gain #1 and get beads.

Looking for staff to address this comment. Confirm or deny. As many of us especially myself are highly pissed off. I have devoted 85 hrs in 3 failed attempts to get to #1. Over the span of the last 5 days.

drackgon 07-21-2021 12:09 PM

From p99 wiki on Pickpocket skill

A few critical notes on pick pocketing:

"You can't Pickpocket with attack on.
You can't pickpocket magic items. That excludes a lot."

So your being trolled good person hard. Your lack of sleep is making you easy to troll. Beads are a magical item YOU CANNOT pickpock magic items.

Izmael 07-21-2021 12:11 PM

Beads are not flagged as MAGIC ITEM, just LORE.

galach 07-21-2021 12:12 PM

We are working on an investigation to see who circumvented the /list and how much it was abused. I can't speak on any punishment or what might be done with the beads until Rog/Bog give their comments.

Fang 07-21-2021 01:08 PM

I highly doubt that server staff would go to all the trouble of hard coding a /list system into the game for a specific item and be totally fine with rogues pick pocketing that item outside of the /list loot mechanic.

Jibartik 07-21-2021 01:10 PM

EQ in a nutshell:

rogues: we get something??

server: just stop

Gustoo 07-21-2021 01:14 PM

All rogue thieves should get to keep their ill gotten gains because thats what thieves are supposed to do.

Guys that were on list and cucked out could also get some beads made for them to be pals.

Then disable list
then enable pvp
and then don't tell anyone, but make the elder beads drop forever to ultimately screw the people who are harvesting the pixels.

hehhheee

sajbert 07-21-2021 01:48 PM

Agreed. This is hilarious.

Smoofers 07-21-2021 02:12 PM

Imagine crying about a classic mechanic and demanding an apology from volunteers

Izmael 07-21-2021 02:16 PM

I would agree with letting the scoundrels keep it and salute their mischievouness if I hadn't spent ~50 hours on that very /list in order to get a pair of beads, wondering why do they drop so fucking rarely. What's the fucking drop percentage, like 2% ?

So yeah, don't permaban the poor fucks. We'd all do the same if we had the idea. But nuke their items (and RIP those who bought some beads for cheap lately).