Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Casters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Getting into HS solo (/forums/showthread.php?t=391373)

Bardp1999 09-08-2021 11:50 PM

Getting into HS solo

So it's been years since I have hunted in HS. I can't remember exactly how I would zone in as a necromancer. It's either Harmshield and zone in or zone in and then Harmshield.

I guess my basic question is does Harmshield fall off on zoning or is it safe to pop it then zone in? I don't want to zone into a loading.... screen if I can avoid it.

I know double invis is the best way but its not always an option on Green

Tunabros 09-08-2021 11:55 PM

go in. you'll be attacked immediately. Fd asap.

If your lucky, there will be someone clearing the area when u zone in

But to be honest, i avoid this zone unless you have a cleric/enchanter parked nearby

the entire zone is infested with harm touchers and one crit resist, your dead

plus there's the whole keys thing!

My advice is to zone in, run down to basement, FD

good luck

Bardp1999 09-09-2021 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tunabros (Post 3359211)
go in. you'll be attacked immediately. Fd asap.

If your lucky, there will be someone clearing the area when u zone in

But to be honest, i avoid this zone unless you have a cleric/enchanter parked nearby

the entire zone is infested with harm touchers and one crit resist, your dead

plus there's the whole keys thing!

My advice is to zone in, run down to basement, FD

good luck

This is the worst possible advise available - zoning in un-invis and trying to FD would work like 0/100 times. And yes the harm touch is a turd in the punch bowl but thats why you charm (necros can also self rez)

Tunabros 09-09-2021 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bardp1999 (Post 3359245)
This is the worst possible advise available - zoning in un-invis and trying to FD would work like 0/100 times

worked for me on blue like right now

pretty sure going into HS with invis vs undead is like second nature, no need to mention

it

Bardp1999 09-09-2021 01:25 AM

There is unfortunately just as much living as undead at the zone in (or can be). I always Harmshielded but i cant remember exactly when I did it.

99% sure its harmshield, then zone in, then tear ass to basement as shield falling and FD... But it also seems like there was a patch that stips buffs on zone in now (not just sub 20% life - maybe same patch but i think it may strip harmsheild now also)

I'll run some test tomorrow

Tunabros 09-09-2021 01:32 AM

maybe not sure but when invulnerable you can't cast spells

Vivitron 09-09-2021 01:35 AM

It's harmshield, then zone. On my enchanter I rune then IVU so I at least won't take a double harm touch, but if the key click doesn't go smooth you can end up taking a baby ht from the mob on the portal and go in with no ivu.

Izmael 09-09-2021 04:09 AM

If you can double invis, do that.

If you cannot, DMF, Rune / HP buff, Harmshield, zone in, mash FD and hope for the best, if you get unlucky and die you can at least res yourself easily.

If you're heading to the basement, instead of mashing FD, just float down to the safe ledge asap, click harmshield off and FD there (you better not fail this FD kekeke).

Kawhi 09-10-2021 11:31 PM

You should be able to harmshield and zone in, unless it was a recent change.

You can click off the harmshield and FD. I usually wait for the mobs that are hitting me to use their bash and then I click off the harmshield and FD.

Philistine 09-11-2021 01:35 AM

I'm a fan of buff up, IVU, and zone in ready to FD. I figure I can survive 2 living mobs hitting me or 1 living + 1 undead, but I struggle to survive 2 harm touches.