Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   It's not ok to diagnose people and prOscribe medications. (/forums/showthread.php?t=391745)

starkind 09-15-2021 09:56 AM

It's not ok to diagnose people and prOscribe medications.

If you're not a doctor. You're not a doctor, are you?

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Let me posit this, since March have I been more or less coherent. Would schizophrenia medicine which causes weight gain and other serious side effects improve my physical condition? What would it even actually do for me?

No you may not have my ambergris.

Gravydoo II 09-15-2021 10:51 AM

Tell it.

Thats all I hear from these people. I'm a drug addict. I'm a mentally ill person. I need medication. Fucking doctors, all of em.

You taking risperidone or something?

GinnasP99 09-15-2021 11:11 AM

Whale biologist 09-15-2021 11:21 AM

Same goes for Mesocyclone 😘

Jibartik 09-15-2021 11:23 AM

I have an exemption from my doctor. I have an exemption!

GinnasP99 09-15-2021 11:24 AM

Much longer watch, but very interesting. Hope this helps.

Gravydoo II 09-15-2021 11:30 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

He's wrong. What is his field of expertise? Pretty sure it was racism and something else.. What was his thing??

Because hes not a healthcare worker, holds a degree in any sciences, or studied medicine. Weird how a man suffer from the mental illness of racism is saying that mental illness is not real.

Almost like looking at your broken leg and saying "its not broken, its fractured in 19 places.."

starkind 09-15-2021 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravydoo II (Post 3362471)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

He's wrong. What is his field of expertise? Pretty sure it was racism and something else.. What was his thing??

Because hes not a healthcare worker, holds a degree in any sciences, or studied medicine. Weird how a man suffer from the mental illness of racism is saying that mental illness is not real.

Almost like looking at your broken leg and saying "its not broken, its fractured in 19 places.."

Being a racist doesn't invalidate him or his lived experience.
Quote:

Originally Posted by GinnasP99 (Post 3362466)

Much longer watch, but very interesting. Hope this helps.

100%

I was fine until the antidepressants and antipsychotics. There are a lot of psychiatrists just in it for the money who are also bigoted towards people with certain disorders and symptoms. They'll do whatever they can to get a check or avoid liability even if it's 100% garanteed to lead to disability or suicide. And most of these psychiatrists fall into the liberal category. They are absolute Nazi. Profession and society over the individual patient. We are just paypigs to them.

unsunghero 09-15-2021 01:42 PM

Antidepressants have a side effect of weight gain, not sure about antipsychotics

Some milder antipsychotics are prescribed sort of off-label as a mood stabilizer, Abilify is an example of this

Harder antipsychotics such as Halodol, Geodon, Risperidone (off the top of my head) you would not want to take without having a diagnosis of schizophrenia or symptoms of psychosis. Nor would I expect a psychiatrist to prescribe these without that

I assessed a guy years ago who had an insecure personality and mentioned that he assumed when hearing others laugh that they were laughing at him (a common thought for any insecure person). A really bad psychiatrist at a psych hospital mistook this as paranoia and auditory hallucinations and prescribed him either Halodol or Geodon, I forget which. It gave him severe suicidal thoughts out of the blue, because it was not the correct medication for him, we had to assist him in getting back to a psych hospital to be re-evaluated. I’m not sure what other possible side effects (other than Tardive dyskinesia - mouth twitching, for Halodol) could occur with some of the stronger antipsychotics if mis-prescribed but they could be significant

Hope this info helps!

unsunghero 09-15-2021 01:52 PM

Ok I can shed some light on a manic episode following an SSRI:

The function of an SSRI is to treat symptoms of depression such as motivation and energy levels by correcting the person’s serotonin level. If the medication is working a person with low mood, low energy, low motivation due to a serotonin imbalance would have a boost to these to being them back up to a functioning level

However, a person who has bi-polar is treated with mood stabilizers like lithium. If you give someone who is bi-polar some ssri’s, the medications attempt to correct the person’s energy levels can put them into a manic episode