Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Casters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Pet classes, how to tell if yopur pet is the right pet for you? (/forums/showthread.php?t=334430)

Jibartik 09-22-2019 02:36 PM

Pet classes, how to tell if yopur pet is the right pet for you?

I may have missed it but have been reading the necro guides and cant find a definitive section or guide on determine if your blue pet, is the highest level blue pet you can conjure?

How does one go about this? Must you rely on dps?

Vexenu 09-22-2019 02:42 PM

https://wiki.project1999.com/Necroma...et_Information

Pet's max melee hit will tell you the level.

enjchanter 09-22-2019 04:19 PM

Ideally you want It hitting for 148 - 152 in kunark zones
And I think 232 in velious ? I forget as I domt do much velks

Jibartik 09-22-2019 04:23 PM

Uh I am level 6 haha

level for necro pet will make a level 4 necro and a level 5 necro, once I am level 6 I cant tell which one it is, levle 4 or levle 5?! Is there a way?

https://wiki.project1999.com/Necroma...et_Information

after looking through this chart, I dont see how it could offer any help, it doesn't seem to distinguish between the max melee of a level X pet and a level X+ pet... I still dont get it! :(

Also would prefer if there was a way to determine by looking at it or conning it? Is that just nota t hing? you have to engage in a fight you cant win with a pet that is sub par, before you know your pet is sub par? This is how Ive done it for 20 years, but I was surely hoping there was a better way.

enjchanter 09-22-2019 04:26 PM

No you have to check its damage to determine its level.
But honestly I dont find resummonkng pets over and over is worth the time or mana.

Jibartik 09-22-2019 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjchanter (Post 2965771)
No you have to check its damage to determine its level.
But honestly I dont find resummonkng pets over and over is worth the time or mana.

A pets level means the difference between killing 20 creatures without it needing to rest or needing to rest after every creature at level 6 lol

Too bad those bone chips are so rare then too haha

Ok well, that is the news I was afraid of, thank you!!

Vexenu 09-22-2019 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jibartik (Post 2965769)
after looking through this chart, I dont see how it could offer any help, it doesn't seem to distinguish between the max melee of a level X pet and a level X+ pet... I still dont get it! :(

Example, look at Leering Corpse, the level 4 pet. It can be levels 3, 4 or 5. Max melee hit is listed as 8-12, meaning a level 3 pet will max for 8, level 4 for 10 and level 5 for 12. So you summon a pet and have it attack something and you can figure out what level the pet is by its max melee damage. It works the same for pets of all levels, the numbers just scale up.

Sacer 09-22-2019 05:51 PM

There is a few trick to check the pet level, my favorite is attacking a low level mob, pet will max hit more often than not.
Around 20 you start to summon green pets sometimes, I usually recast until I get a blue one.

Jibartik 09-22-2019 07:21 PM

Thank you guys! I am now feeling much more capable. Thank you thank you!

isoka 09-27-2019 05:59 AM

At low level also, pets don't dual wield yet and their initial damage isn't that great, so giving them a high dmg 2H weapon is quite nice since they will then hit for twice the weapon damage.
Rusty hallebards with 10dmg will make your pet hit for 20, regardless of its level (when their initial dmg goes above 20, they will then hit for their initial dmg ofc)