Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Removing MQ’s would make green more classic. (/forums/showthread.php?t=333241)

Trelaboon 09-06-2019 07:04 PM

Removing MQ’s would make green more classic.

So while MQ’s definitely existed during live, I don’t recall anyone ever MQing epic pieces or OT hammers during live. I don’t really remember anyone MQing much of anything to be honest, although I’m sure HoT armor and such did get MQ’d, but much of what we take for granted today (OT hammer especially) didn’t really exist on live. I think it would make the green server feel so much more classic if they didn’t allow MQ’s. Guilds wouldn’t be sniping so many of the expensive epic MQ’s and I think it would be fun to have to actually work for our OT hammer. I know I know “nOt ClAsSiC!!” But I think changing that one element of classic EQ would actually really improve the classic feel of p99.

aaezil 09-06-2019 07:09 PM

Yeah and while you’re doing that can you please go ahead and delete every quest and every item that i dont remember people doing/having also? I want this experience to match my old memories thanks.

feniin 09-06-2019 07:17 PM

Did puppet strings not exist on live? Why wouldn't you be able to borrow someone's to charm the foreman? Recharging is a whole 'nother story.

DMN 09-06-2019 07:17 PM

MQs were incredibly rare/mostly unheard of until hasten and so temple were introduced. You started having a lot of wealthy/high level players who didn't want to be arsed to do some of these quests but wanted the items nonetheless. It became much more common after.

Legidias 09-06-2019 07:39 PM

WTS Loot rights

Bardp1999 09-06-2019 09:06 PM

MQing/Recharging/Chardok AoE/Abuse of Clickies are all things that will ruin Green if allowed to exist. Make a real classic server instead of allowing borderline exploits to exists just because "they did" even though 95% of the population didn't know they did. In this setting, 100% of people know they do so it's not the same.

Cecil 09-06-2019 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bardp1999 (Post 2956000)
MQing/Recharging/Chardok AoE/Abuse of Clickies are all things that will ruin Green if allowed to exist. Make a real classic server instead of allowing borderline exploits to exists just because "they did" even though 95% of the population didn't know they did. In this setting, 100% of people know they do so it's not the same.

Excellent point.

Cecil 09-06-2019 09:44 PM

I agree.

Trelaboon 09-06-2019 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bardp1999 (Post 2956000)

Exactly. It’s technically classic. But by keeping that element of the game intact it removes the classic feel. I don’t think I knew more than a handful of people who had an OT hammer on live, and I remember people doing braids for hours trying to get their faction up. I also don’t remember ever seeing someone MQ a highly desirable epic MQ like green scales or PGS

Jibartik 09-06-2019 10:16 PM

moving to resolved.