Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Tea Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=279969)

maskedmelonpai 08-21-2017 09:57 AM

Tea Thread

so i started drinking tea. i used to drink it sometime, but not very often, but I did liek it a whole lot and I still do. so I bought a bunch of different types of tea from wall mart and now am having a couple cups a day. ^^ I've always lieked Earl Grey, I think it is probably my favorite tea, but ive also decided to give a few others a try. i got a nifty variety pack that has English Breakfast, Irish Breakfast, Earl Grey and Lady Grey. i had no idea there was a Lady Grey! i also purchased a variety of minty teas because I liek mint and it make you pretty (*^^*)

This morning I had Irish breakfast. it is supposed to be on the stronger end, but tbh, I have a hard time right now telling a strong tea from a weak tea. Either way it smell super good and I really do t understand why maybe someone would not liek strong tea. it ain't liek strong coffe, where it taste like burned turd if it too strong (seriously SCREW bold coffees) so I don't get it.

Anyway, I am going to go have my second cup and sample the Plantation Mint variety that I picked up. it supposed to be a black tea with spearment, so maybe taste liek toothpaste, but I hope not. i am presently trying to dissociate spearmint with toothpaste so that I can enjoy it more (because i liek all the other mints and it seem unjust to exclude this one). i used to love spearmint gum when I was little, but as I got older just seemed to associate it more and more with toothpaste :c

Lune 08-21-2017 10:03 AM

Find out what kind of tea they use in good Chinese restaurants to make it taste super fucking tasty and report back to me.

maskedmelonpai 08-21-2017 10:24 AM

i would guess it a oolong, but I dunno tbh. I will research and see what I find. i don't go to Chinese restaurants though, so it gonna be hard for me to compare ;n; and know if I on the right track.

Ceylon tea (served at thai restaurants) is super tricking fantastic though :3

Jpasson 08-21-2017 11:50 AM

darjeeling

Baler 08-21-2017 12:00 PM

Mint Tea for pleasure
Camomile for upset stomach.

:)

xtraball 08-22-2017 09:12 AM

Here's a little presentation of the different families of tea :

http://spicetrekkers.com/the-seven-tea-families/

brightlights 08-22-2017 09:18 AM

There was this tea store I used to go to that was owned by this 7 foot tall 60 year old Russian dude covered in tattoos. I was sure he was a reformed Russian gangster who had escaped the motherland.

His shop is gone now, hopefully they didn't find him :(

Jimjam 08-22-2017 09:40 AM

You need to go to Fortnum & Mason if you want tea!

Personally I like my tea like Stephen K Amos; English and Black.

maskedmelonpai 08-22-2017 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtraball (Post 2572883)
Here's a little presentation of the different families of tea :

http://spicetrekkers.com/the-seven-tea-families/

nifty thanks!

so, the spearmint tea that I had yesterday turned out fantastic. not sure why I thought maybe I don't like it. maybe just something wrong with my brain ^^;

Anyway, I had Lady Grey this morning and am pretty happy about it. It a lot liek Earl Grey, but softer fruitier and lighter I think. the thing I liek about tea most is that the smell is almost like a mental massage. it feel like it relax my brain :3 i think next time I will use a bit of sweetener. This time I just went aunaturale because I wasn't feeling like anything sweet, but I think the Lady Grey would really pair well with a bit of sugar ^^

xtraball 08-22-2017 10:23 AM

Personnaly, I prefer plain tea to flavoured, unless it's high quality Earl Grey or Jasmine.
I'm quite found of smoked tea, especially when eating.

White and yellow are for relaxing. I'd have Wulong all day long. And young Pu Ehr only, not too matured, for the next morning hangover.

For 5 o'clock, a Keemun or Darjeeling, with pastries of course !

And of course no milk and no sugar !!