Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Dodge/Parry/Riposte messages? (/forums/showthread.php?t=340783)

garfo 11-12-2019 07:34 PM

Dodge/Parry/Riposte messages?

Hi yall,

I'm new to tank/melee life, and I'm wondering - am I supposed to be able to see specific messages when a dodge, parry, or riposte is successful? I can see the abilities skilling up as I level, and I definitely put a training point into each of them, but I don't see them at all in my chat box. I haven't disabled any filters that I'm aware of... what gives?

Gorster 11-12-2019 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garfo (Post 3022613)
Hi yall,

I'm new to tank/melee life, and I'm wondering - am I supposed to be able to see specific messages when a dodge, parry, or riposte is successful? I can see the abilities skilling up as I level, and I definitely put a training point into each of them, but I don't see them at all in my chat box. I haven't disabled any filters that I'm aware of... what gives?

Are you using abbreviated combat messages by chance? I believe they get truncated down to a simple 'miss' message if so. Otherwise it should be a standard message such as 'A sand giant tries to kick YOU, but YOU dodge!'

Polixa 11-13-2019 12:57 PM

My warrior never dodges. Skill is increasing in combat but I've never had the message "but you dodge".

Can't tell if dodge is broken or just the text display is missing.

garfo 11-13-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorster (Post 3022761)
Are you using abbreviated combat messages by chance? I believe they get truncated down to a simple 'miss' message if so. Otherwise it should be a standard message such as 'A sand giant tries to kick YOU, but YOU dodge!'

This fixed it!!

Set "you being missed" to normal, no abbreviations at all, and now the dodge/parry messages are indeed displaying.

Gorster 11-15-2019 09:12 PM

Glad that got it sorted out for you garfo.

Polixa: what is your skill currently at? Also as with garfo do you have your messages abbreviated?

Polixa 11-18-2019 04:51 AM

Looks like it worked - I still didn't notice any dodges in game, but I checked my log afterwards and they were happening ok. Thanks!

Crazyloop 01-09-2020 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garfo (Post 3023350)
This fixed it!!

Set "you being missed" to normal, no abbreviations at all, and now the dodge/parry messages are indeed displaying.

Where? I don't see this in ALT-O Options.

Videri 01-09-2020 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazyloop (Post 3064265)
Where? I don't see this in ALT-O Options.

Right-click a chat box header and it’s in the menu that appears under...Hit Modes, I think?