Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   ******Official politics thread ****** (/forums/showthread.php?t=260341)

Ahldagor 12-19-2016 09:38 AM

I wonder what would have been if we had stayed out of Syria all together.

maskedmelon 12-19-2016 10:06 AM

Anyone law find themselves overcome with happiness reading Trump's comment on China's seizure of the US water drone? I get all warm inside and just can't keep th skip off my face ^^

Lots people laughing at how irresponsible / absurd it is, but it really is the right approach and for Trump, well it is more instinctual than cunning.

mickmoranis 12-19-2016 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod (Post 2425903)
wanna come 2 law school with me then become lobbyists and make good money and get free corporate perks and vacations and wear nice suits every day?

literally the most lucrative and intelligent decision an american can make right now is to do exactly this, you're about to be able to get rich quicker as a totally inexperienced one of these than as a a house flipper 7 years ago.

AzzarTheGod 12-19-2016 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickmoranis (Post 2426694)
literally the most lucrative and intelligent decision an american can make right now is to do exactly this, you're about to be able to get rich quicker as a totally inexperienced one of these than as a a house flipper 7 years ago.

Legit going to make an attempt at it. Got my adderrall straightened out and Im rdy 2 hit the books again.

Its difficult to rebuild an aptitude for learning once you have lost interest in learning for a longer period of time, but its entirely possible with chemical stimulation.

This is one instance where meditation (COUGH* skarlorn * COUGH*) would in all likelihood, not be very helpful.

Chemically simulated interest in what amount to mundane subjects is the only way to go.

mickmoranis 12-19-2016 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod (Post 2426811)
Legit going to make an attempt at it. Got my adderrall straightened out and Im rdy 2 hit the books again.

Its difficult to rebuild an aptitude for learning once you have lost interest in learning for a longer period of time, but its entirely possible with chemical stimulation.

This is one instance where meditation (COUGH* skarlorn * COUGH*) would in all likelihood, not be very helpful.

Chemically simulated interest in what amount to mundane subjects is the only way to go.

Tech boom in SF over lobby boom in DC hasnt even gotten started shits about to get real. Money for literally anyone willing to cold call ppl and setup meetings.

R Flair 12-19-2016 08:20 PM

Gee I wonder if Putin had a beef against Hillary because she has continually threatened to go to war via cyber, indirect and direct military aggression.

Personally I don't believe for a second that Putin prefers Trump over Hillary. Trump will smile at Putin via video conference while he is hand signalling to his generals to crush him. He knows this. With Hillary any conflict would have been scripted and telegraphed for predetermined outcomes. Trump is playing 4d chess and Putin wouldn't stand a chance.

Anyone that thinks Putin prefers Trump is kidding themselves, thought Hillary was going to win the election, and probably still thinks there are WMDs in Iraq.

maskedmelon 12-20-2016 08:50 AM

I'm sorry, I am dumb, what is 4d chess? :c

entruil 12-20-2016 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maskedmelon (Post 2427134)
what is 4d chess? :c

That is actually quite an interesting question and possibly a fallacy.

Most people think of "2d chess" as a puzzle game made up of length and height(?) dimensions... 8x8 board 32 pieces.... Upon a closer inspection however there are many more dimensions in a standard "2d chess" game.

Garry Kasparov speaks of chess in terms of time space and material... with time already a natural force or dimension of "2d chess" layering more dimensions on top of it exponentially increases the complications...

arguably? the 4th dimension IS time or spacetime? so can a 4d-chess actually exist? or does it already exist inside "2d chess"...

Learn to counterattack in chess || Art of Learning lesson 10 || Rudolf Spielmann vs Paul Keres

don't think i explained it as well as I could... still need to look up more references...

most people when they say 4d chess are simply saying how deeply and broadly and intricately detailed a thought or thought process can be...

maybe time-influenced-3d-matrix-transforms is a better way to explain it...

Fame 12-20-2016 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fame (Post 2424922)
Whats the +/- on a civilian being killed by police/military VS a civilian being killed by a 2nd amendment guy/Oath Keeper on inauguration day?

Is there anywhere I can place bets on this?

Thanks

Fame 12-20-2016 06:41 PM

No one answered and I am legit curious