Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   ******Official politics thread ****** (/forums/showthread.php?t=260341)

maskedmelon 01-18-2017 12:37 PM

I can be born retarded too and have a unique perspective on the challenges of shoe tying too. It doesn't diminish my intellectual inadequacy, lessen the struggles of my life or the burden on my family though. Everyone else can feel better about dodging responsibility for the misery by praising the strength of the weakness though.

maerilith 01-18-2017 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjerry (Post 2447061)
so ur not fundamentally trans, it was just a decision? intredasting

If you want to bring gender in. No I'm fundamentally a woman, female, trans is a label. An experience.

In my case all the trans label does is define that I didn't remain in my birth sex and conform to the gender "man". For different people. For example the ones who just want to demonstrate a different gender presentation, but not physically transition or change pronouns (think really butch queer female). Trans has a different meaning. I don't think transgender is good for defining anyone aside from an umbrella term describing people who don't conform to typical gender stereotypes. It doesn't really describe my experiences or the medical side of transition, though it "may" imply it to varying degrees according to context.

Could I present as male and go against my nature / needs? Yeah, but that's unhealthy and just because I could (maybe, I could try, success isn't guaranteed) doesn't make it right or invalidate my internaliaty. I think some great advocates for equality and human rights probably have successfully remained in their birth sex / gender. Despite all odds. There's more to it than that alone though. (in all actuality I'm probably at the point of boyfail with all the physical and emotional changes I've undergone anyway).

Hence the bans on conversion therapies / cures. Generally it's proven to cause more harm to suppress ones sexuality or gender or dismorphia, even though people have "muh rights" to undergo conversion and remain in denial or force kids to.

maerilith 01-18-2017 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maskedmelon (Post 2447067)
I can be born retarded too and have a unique perspective on the challenges of shoe tying too. It doesn't diminish my intellectual inadequacy, lessen the struggles of my life or the burden on my family though. Everyone else can feel better about dodging responsibility for the misery by praising the strength of the weakness though.

I don't think that's inherently wrong on the surface.

Pokesan 01-18-2017 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maskedmelon (Post 2447037)
J always been the most entertaining forum warrior and most effective catalyst for critical thought ^^ because of the striking incongruence he kneads throughout his posts. Generally they're met with the usual deluge of partisan and semipartisan blind rebuttal, but the most basic and profound points are most often left untouched. I honestly have no idea how many of 'us' there really are here, but J actually succeeded in altering someone's outlook and contributed to a greater understanding. I don't know that many other personalities here can claim the same (*^^*)

there is posturing, and there is proof.

it's up to each man to decide which is more important.

and you chose wrong

maskedmelon 01-18-2017 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maerilith (Post 2447073)
I don't think that's inherently wrong on the surface.

Which part? My retardation, or people praising my strength for existing as a retard?

maskedmelon 01-18-2017 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pokesan (Post 2447076)
there is posturing, and there is proof.

it's up to each man to decide which is more important.

and you chose wrong

There is never proof, only confidence. Sometimes delivery is more important than arguments themselves. Most people are utterly incapable of divesting themselves from the constraints of their own perspectives, but it becomes easier when they are mirrored with flaws. So to does it become easier to recognize the validity of other issues when they are pared with familiar ones. Beyond that, there is much more to be learned from simple introspection when some with an expressly different perspective, but similar capacity for reason arrives at wildly different conclusions.

You haven't ever expressed an understanding of my choices Pokes ^^ If you think I don't recognize the trolling here or that I am trolling myself, you are mistaken ^^

Pokesan 01-18-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maskedmelon (Post 2447089)
You haven't ever expressed an understanding of my choices Pokes ^^ If you think I don't recognize the trolling here or that I am trolling myself, you are mistaken ^^

what color did you dye your hair?

maerilith 01-18-2017 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maskedmelon (Post 2447078)
Which part? My retardation, or people praising my strength for existing as a retard?

That being mentally handicapped isn't a strength and people who pretend it is only do so to assuage their pity. If I'm I interpreting you correctly.

P.s.

In any case if someone decides to suppress / repress something as core to them as their gender or dismorphia or BDD. It still is something they have to acknowledge and live with. It's better to understand "t3h trans" and live with that understanding regardless of what one does about it. Than on the other hand deny that's how they are.

A famous person said, One can make a right choice or wrong choice, but either way we have to live with that choice.

It's best to still understand those choices and wisely live in the present rather than regret or continually second guessing ones self.

maskedmelon 01-18-2017 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pokesan (Post 2447093)
what color did you dye your hair?

I haven't dyed my hair :/

maskedmelon 01-18-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maerilith (Post 2447100)
That being mentally handicapped isn't a strength and people who pretend it is only do so to assuage their pity. If I'm I interpreting you correctly.

P.s.

In any case if someone decides to suppress / repress something as core to them as their gender or dismorphia or BDD. It still is something they have to acknowledge and live with. It's better to understand "t3h trans" and live with that understanding regardless of what one does about it. Than on the other hand deny that's how they are.

A famous person said, One can make a right choice or wrong choice, but either way we have to live with that choice.

It's best to still understand those choices and wisely live in the present rather than regret or continually second guessing ones self.

I don't consider transgenderism any sort of deficiency. In and of itself it does not signify any sort of substantive shortcoming other than one's capacity to fulfil traditional gender roles, which are increasingly meaningless in modern society. Some people lack health, some lack intelligence, some lack ambition, some lack work ethic, some lack self restraint. Some lack all of those. My point is that subsidizing failure is not compassionate because it propagates misery. It is a disservice to the recipient along with humanity because of the opportunity cost of resources inefficiently expended to sustain their misery for the sake of dodging responsibility.