Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Hello from Alaska! (/forums/showthread.php?t=299439)

Duke Gregor 06-01-2018 08:25 AM

Hello from Alaska!

Hey everyone,

Last week my wife and I we're reminiscing about our old EQ days downstairs with our daughter. I know she heard the stories multiple times but hey none of you in the community have. :)

My wife and I met playing this game 20 years ago. After a long friendship we did that whole internet dating deal. Chatted on video etc and BAM I move down a few years later, got married and have two wonderful kids all because of this game.

Its rather interesting if you think about it really. We could have never met had this game not existed.

I watched just a few videos and decided after all these years I was going to dust off EQ. I started installing it and instantly my wife got all excited. Whats neat is my daughter who is turning 15 soon really wants to give it a try even if she is of the opinion the graphics suck haha. Kids these days never knew the struggles and just how cool these graphics were all those years ago.

I very much looking forward to meeting new peeps and getting to experience the ride once again but this time with my daughter as well! I just hope she enjoys it enough to see some really cool raiding and end game stuff.

Anyways my main is Keljorn which was my name all those years ago on Bertox. I have him to level 18 right now. So far I must say in my week long experience playing here the people are great! Everyone I have met has been super fun to group with and very helpful just giving buffs out without even being asked. I even had some random druid run up and give me split Paw gloves and some mask then buff and run off. I'm super stoked I took the jump and reinstalled.

To future adventures!

Sinistria 06-01-2018 08:31 AM

Hello and welcome.
This is a very touching story and i hope you will have lots of fun here.
I came back after 15 years and so far it feels great.

FungusTrooper 06-01-2018 09:44 AM

Welcome! I met my now-wife through online gaming, too. Weird how that works!

Just a tip about you and your family playing - if you wanna connect two (or more) accounts simultaneously through one IP (so, if you and your wife and/or daughter wanna play in the same house at the same time), you need to get an IP exception, and that can take anywhere from a day to a couple weeks to possibly longer, so it's a good idea to ask ahead of time.. once you've got the accounts set up, etc.

More info about that here.

Xap 06-01-2018 09:47 AM

Welcome mate! Lovely story, sounds like you have a very storied past with EQ!

Awesome that you've got a little trio there, tons of fun opportunities.

DinoTriz 06-01-2018 09:49 AM

I've avoided my future would-be wife by playing this game.

Somewhere out there she's thinking and wishing that I wouldn't be so autistic and put the elf sim down.

....never.

Gozuk 06-01-2018 02:39 PM

Welcome back!

Llandris 06-01-2018 02:44 PM

Greetings and welcome!

Duke Gregor 06-01-2018 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FungusTrooper (Post 2717109)
Welcome! I met my now-wife through online gaming, too. Weird how that works!

you need to get an IP exception

It is pretty weird and a blessing as well. =)

We filed it a week ago. We got all jazzed up and tried to play right away and found out about needing the exemption as only one of us could be connected. We're still patiently waiting. In the mean time have been playing together on another server just messing around together until the exemption comes though. I'm not a big fan of the server as the experience comes way to fast and the item drops are a bit ridiculous and over powered early on. My daughter doesn't know any better so at least shes having fun with it so far with her dark elf SK.

Utanx 06-01-2018 07:01 PM

Hello fellow Alaskan!

Duke Gregor 06-01-2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utanx (Post 2717382)
Hello fellow Alaskan!

Heck yeah! We're slowly taking over Norrath!