Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Patch 50d / light sources (/forums/showthread.php?t=335056)

Danth 09-30-2019 07:51 PM

Patch 50d / light sources

Are the P99 folks tinkering with light sources? My SK epic glow effect is different looking and lighting in general is vastly different than pre-patch. With no mention in the patch notes I don't know whether this is local to the wife and I, but it is present on both of our (very different) machines.

Not posting in bug forum since, if it's not local to our machines, I suspect it's continued improvement and not a 'bug' per se.

Danth

Fammaden 09-30-2019 08:00 PM

Preparation for classic green nightblindness??!?!?

Nlaar 09-30-2019 08:38 PM

Pre-patch my SK epic looked horrible on desktop while it looked more "correct" on my laptop:

On my laptop it looked similar to this:
https://www.eqprogression.com/wp-con...se-Graphic.jpg

Note the almost 90% transparent purple-ish glow emanating from the center blade.

On my desktop the purple transparent-ish glow that emanates from the center blade was replaced by a non-transparent purple polygon that surrounds (with no emanating effect) the center blade. I do not know if this was because I had downloaded the fancy high-res texture upgrade or not.

After the patch:
Laptop now matches the desktop version, except their is a permanent dark hue around the center blade that the purple hue fills in when it emanates from the center blade. It doesn't look great.

loramin 09-30-2019 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nlaar (Post 2972770)
Pre-patch my SK epic looked horrible on desktop while it looked more "correct" on my laptop:

Just to remind everyone: Blue is beta Green. We all have to "pay" for this wonderful, free, and well-supported server by testing things every now and then.

(BTW not picking on you Nlaar: you're giving feedback which I imagine helps them. I was just using your quote as an opportunity to anticipate other peoples' responses.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fammaden (Post 2972716)
Preparation for classic green nightblindness??!?!?

https://i.imgur.com/fKjrzm3.gif

Gumbo 09-30-2019 09:13 PM

I was just about to post about this but what is going on with the lighting effect in the game? I'm in the tunnel and the whole tunnel is super bright...

AbstractVision 09-30-2019 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumbo (Post 2972812)
I was just about to post about this but what is going on with the lighting effect in the game? I'm in the tunnel and the whole tunnel is super bright...

Uncheck "use advanced lighting" in your graphics options in game, that should fix the crazy brightness.

Gumbo 09-30-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbstractVision (Post 2972845)
Uncheck "use advanced lighting" in your graphics options in game, that should fix the crazy brightness.

I'm not seeing that option under Display or General in the options box.

Fammaden 09-30-2019 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumbo (Post 2972849)
I'm not seeing that option under Display or General in the options box.

Click the Advanced button under the display tab.

Gumbo 09-30-2019 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fammaden (Post 2972862)
Click the Advanced button under the display tab.

I clicked the advanced button but there is no "use advanced lighting" to uncheck. Only options I can turn on/off are 4 different Shaders, 2 Sky Reflection and Shadows.

Nlaar 09-30-2019 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2972775)
Just to remind everyone: Blue is beta Green. We all have to "pay" for this wonderful, free, and well-supported server by testing things every now and then.

(BTW not picking on you Nlaar: you're giving feedback which I imagine helps them. I was just using your quote as an opportunity to anticipate other peoples' responses.)

https://i.imgur.com/fKjrzm3.gif

Agreed - I could have worded it better.