Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Rooted Dragons and FTE foot races. Failed experiments (/forums/showthread.php?t=330299)

Hyjalx 07-20-2019 11:55 AM

Rooted Dragons and FTE foot races. Failed experiments

I hate to say it, but they are both failed experiments.

We are years into Velious and the current meta is throwing 100+ people at targets that can be done with 30-40 or less on a 10 year old server. The list of guilds that have crumbled because of this is staggering. The current rules have ultimately caused guild attrition, community upheaval, and soon to be a monopolization of content.

Requiring an 80+ man raid force to even have a chance on smaller targets in WToV is just not sustainable, and frankly, its just not good for the community.

The 4-way and zone in should remain safe, but dragons should still be pullable as long as they remain in the wing in which they spawn.

Foot Racing is also a failed experiment.

Forcing players to foot race is actually pretty ridiculous. It was abused by alt-tabbers for quite some time until the levi requirement, but it still encourages intense wall staring by multiple players using google hangouts rather than 2 with a mage. It's also essentially a mini-game within itself where some players PRACTICE the routes (there are arcade games like this) to perfection. How many players outside the big 2 actually have a shot against this? Meta EQ always required mage teams. Every guild has a spare mage by now and someone willing to hit the COTH button.

We have repeated history on p99 several times. We always change the rules, just to end up going back to the way things were. I hate to say it, but I think this is another one of those times.

feniin 07-20-2019 12:03 PM

Sounds like you need to git gud? Put in the work, get the mobs. Stop relying on 1-2 people to feed you loot.

ErlickBachman 07-20-2019 12:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyjalx (Post 2938045)
I hate to say it, but I'm mad because I'm bad.

Attachment 10992

YendorLootmonkey 07-20-2019 12:13 PM

Work for them loots... no more handouts at the zoneline for the 95% not involved in the tracking, FTE, or pulling/tagging.

kaizersoze 07-20-2019 12:15 PM

"Competition is good!!" they cried. Until all the little little guilds amalgamate into one or two superforces and everyone screams "monopolization is bad! BUT WE DONT WANT INSTANCES SO WE DONT HAVE TO SOCK FOR 16 HOURS A DAY JUST TO SEE A MOB LET ALONE TOUCH IT."

Hyjalx 07-20-2019 12:19 PM

Are any of you actually reading the post. The 4-way and zone in should have always been safe.

And little guilds? Riot leadership > Core > Awakened

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

Littul Jonn 07-20-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyjalx (Post 2938066)
Are any of you actually reading the post. The 4-way and zone in should have always been safe.

And little guilds? Riot leadership > Core > Awakened

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

We must have had the same type of coffee this morning or something haha. I posted a thread about pretty much the same thing same time you did haha

YendorLootmonkey 07-20-2019 12:24 PM

I don’t have to read the post. The two guilds I belonged to essentially left the server for greener pastures due to the "you don't put in the work, you don't deserve the loot" barrier to entry for raiding. So I am completely for making it as difficult, manpower-intensive, and time-consuming as possible for ANYONE to get fancy pixels so everyone can eat their words.

Viva la Vesica Dei!
Viva la BDA!

Hyjalx 07-20-2019 12:25 PM

And I applaud Riot for what they have done. Many friends within the guild. It's meta for the current rules in place.

The rules are just not classic and are someones idea of the game.

ajohnymous 07-20-2019 12:28 PM

The game itself lacks fundamental infrastructure for raiding to make sense.

Take a look at what Blizzard does best: taking a game with a solid concept, polishing it up, and making it more appealing for a wider player base. They took one look at Everquest dungeons and raids and went, NOPE! Instances, baby! It worked so well that later EQ expansions added them.

On top of that, we've had years of "solutions" where the server developers fix one problem by adding another. "We have a serious rat problem on the island, let's release a shit ton of mongooses to kill them all! Okay, great, what are we going to do to keep the mongoose population in check?" 30 years later...

Hyjal, you can point fingers at certain groups of players and specific problems in specific zones, but what it comes down to is the game's infrastructure. P99 is unique, in both it's appeal and problems, that is simply comes down to how well people work together and communicate. Unfortunately, we all know how well that goes.