Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Black Dire? (/forums/showthread.php?t=401952)

Naethyn 04-21-2022 04:46 PM

Black Dire?

Are you a shaman who needs the Black Dire?

https://wiki.project1999.com/Black_Dire

I will kill this mob for you. I enjoy killing it for people. Set it up by contacting me.

Naethyn 04-21-2022 04:47 PM

Blue*

DeathsSilkyMist 04-21-2022 08:16 PM

Shamans shouldn't sleep on this offer. Black Dire Boots are amazing, especially when paired with a Fungi Staff. Thanks Naethyn!

Jibartik 04-21-2022 08:35 PM

Naethyn the Dogcatcher

Pep 04-26-2022 05:10 PM

Thank you very much Naethyn for your help today. Your tank pwned Black Dire and made it look so easy.

ArbiterBlixen 04-30-2022 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist (Post 3449582)
Shamans shouldn't sleep on this offer. Black Dire Boots are amazing, especially when paired with a Fungi Staff. Thanks Naethyn!

Am i missing some secret combo hack? Sow and fungal regrowth don’t stack.

DeathsSilkyMist 04-30-2022 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArbiterBlixen (Post 3453064)
Am i missing some secret combo hack? Sow and fungal regrowth don’t stack.

Both Fungi Staff and Black Dire Boots are instant cast. Spirit of Wolf has buff priority over Fungal Regrowth.

What you do is you keep Fungal Regrowth from Fungi Staff on yourself during combat or whenever you don't need to move much. If you ever get into a situation where you need to run, just click the Black Dire Boots and they will override Fungal Regrowth instantly, allowing you to run away. When you are done with Spirit of Wolf, simply click on the Spirit of Wolf buff (to remove it) and re-apply Fungal Regrowth. Since Spirit of Wolf has buff priority over Fungal Regrowth, you need to click Spirit of Wolf off before you can re-cast Fungal Regrowth. Otherwise you will get a "spell did not hold" message.

Fungi Staff is an amazing item for pre-Torpor Shamans. It is essentially a Flowing Thought II item for Shamans, because it saves you 1200 mana per hour. This is because you no longer need to cast Regrowth, which costs 300 mana and lasts roughly 15 minutes. It is also a good training tool for Torpor. You are going to be snared a lot anyway due to Torpor, so it is good to learn how to play while snared.

Black Dire Boots simply allow you to use Fungi Staff a lot easier, because you don't need to have Spirit of Wolf on your spell bar and wait for the cast time when you need to swap between Fungal Regrowth and Spirit of Wolf.

Zidell 06-08-2022 02:34 PM

I reached out to Naethyn today for help with Black Dire and it was fantastic. He was super friendly and helpful and once I confirmed Black Dire was in the zone he headed over and practically solo'd it for me. I would definitely recommend reaching out to him if you need help with this step.

Toxigen 06-09-2022 05:15 AM

Naethyn doing the lord's work.

pras

Naethyn 06-16-2022 06:44 PM

https://imgur.com/PwzeSvt.jpg

Black dire tasting some Gaudralek.