Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Manastone use, Druid or Cleric (/forums/showthread.php?t=409951)

zelld52 11-02-2022 10:10 AM

Manastone use, Druid or Cleric

Making my swan song toon. Trading a bunch of gear for a manastone. Gonna either play druid or cleric with the manastone.

Have a fungi, have Seahorse Belt, have tons of HP gear. Would a cleric or druid be a better bet for levelling my last toon casually (1-2 hours per morning)

I've got a 55 cleric / 51 druid I can toss the stone on. Would a cleric be able to solo 55-60 with manastone? Straight up nuking mobs?

Or would druid be more successful with manastone?

EDIT: If I picked up my cleric, I wouldn't need Fungi - but I was considering rolling a new cleric for luls (and lulls)

Toxigen 11-02-2022 10:46 AM

druids going to be way more fun charming w/ a fungi + manastone

cleric is going to be literally nuking undead mobs, manastone / CH up, keep nuking ad nauseam

zelld52 11-02-2022 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxigen (Post 3528167)
druids going to be way more fun charming w/ a fungi + manastone

cleric is going to be literally nuking undead mobs, manastone / CH up, keep nuking ad nauseam

Kinda figured so. I loved loved loved loved permafrost 55-60 on my shaman. Would be fun to bring druid there too

Toxigen 11-02-2022 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zelld52 (Post 3528172)
Kinda figured so. I loved loved loved loved permafrost 55-60 on my shaman. Would be fun to bring druid there too

Yeah I'd prob do some kedge / solB bats n bugs then head to chardok / perma.

zelld52 11-02-2022 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxigen (Post 3528220)
Yeah I'd prob do some kedge / solB bats n bugs then head to chardok / perma.

Since this is my swan song toon, I might reroll from level 1 - druid. But my druid has peg cloak, so maybe not.

Trading away my elder beads and zlandi heart for this manastone - worse comes to worst I just retire and keep the manastone /shrug

Toxigen 11-02-2022 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zelld52 (Post 3528234)
Since this is my swan song toon, I might reroll from level 1 - druid. But my druid has peg cloak, so maybe not.

Trading away my elder beads and zlandi heart for this manastone - worse comes to worst I just retire and keep the manastone /shrug

Oh yeah it'll be a hoot at level 5. Way better than cleric.

Ripqozko 11-02-2022 01:49 PM

Issue with doing it on a druid is that you are a druid. Hope that helps.

zelld52 11-02-2022 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripqozko (Post 3528311)
Issue with doing it on a druid is that you are a druid. Hope that helps.

Thought about this. My play time is very limited now, maybe 2 hours a day max - maybe 4 days a week max.

Druid was the last class I haven't pushed to 55+ that I think would be able to fit into the casual play time.

PabloEdvardo 11-02-2022 05:08 PM

If this was Kunark "The Hole" launch era, when the hole had like 60+ people in it every night, I'd say cleric hands down. Leveling a cleric in groups in the hole with a manastone (and pre-nerf donals BP) was the most fun I ever had on my cleric.

However, unless you can BYOG to the hole, it's not going to be very useful. Most good groups are not in classic zones anymore.

As far as soloing... soloing a cleric is extremely painful with manastone. Literally. Like, you will get RSI from clicking your stone so much. I leveled my cleric in classic from 40-50 on spectres and to keep two spawns down I had to basically be spamming my stone every single moment that I wasn't fighting and by the end I had pretty bad RSI.

zelld52 11-02-2022 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PabloEdvardo (Post 3528452)
If this was Kunark "The Hole" launch era, when the hole had like 60+ people in it every night, I'd say cleric hands down. Leveling a cleric in groups in the hole with a manastone (and pre-nerf donals BP) was the most fun I ever had on my cleric.

However, unless you can BYOG to the hole, it's not going to be very useful. Most good groups are not in classic zones anymore.

As far as soloing... soloing a cleric is extremely painful with manastone. Literally. Like, you will get RSI from clicking your stone so much. I leveled my cleric in classic from 40-50 on spectres and to keep two spawns down I had to basically be spamming my stone every single moment that I wasn't fighting and by the end I had pretty bad RSI.

yeah, i kinda figured this. damn.. im not so sold on the manastone anymore, lol.