Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Lull Crit Resist for Pulling? (/forums/showthread.php?t=337127)

dekova 10-21-2019 12:46 PM

Lull Crit Resist for Pulling?

So I know that there are some cases where using a cit resist to lull is useful, but that's pretty much it. Can someone school me on when it would be used/useful?

Freakish 10-21-2019 12:48 PM

Pulling from out of line of sight so casters can't nuke you before they are in camp.

Daldaen 10-21-2019 12:50 PM

Mob is behind a locked door, you cannot see the mob but you can /target the mob. Then use critical lull.

sonicjoose 10-21-2019 01:22 PM

When invis pulling was a thing

Tecmos Deception 10-21-2019 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dekova (Post 2993135)
Can someone school me on when it would be used/useful?

A group you don't like is at the first bridge down on the 2nd floor of blackburrow, annoying you with their mere presence. You want to teach them a lesson, but a small train isn't enough to punish them for being so irksome, and unfortunately, you're too low level to survive a direct method of training them with a Blackburrow Express... plus you'd prefer (probably) not getting caught!

So you use bind sight a dozen times ("I'm practicing my divination, guys") to get a target in the commander room. Then you go sit near the everfrost zone and start casting lulls on your target ("Now I'm practicing my alteration, friends"). God bless z-axis fun and no LOS requirement! Before long, you'll crit fail your lull, and the commander room and half the rest of the zone will be charging up towards you... but not before they cross paths with that pain in the ass group at the bridge.

Die, bridge group. Die. Also, you get to watch the fun with bind sight while being safely away from the train and (probably) anyone figuring out what you were doing.

kjs86z 10-21-2019 01:27 PM

Got my Helssen's using calm crit resist:

Quote:

Note:A KOS 60 Enchanter can pull Drioc out of the bank with just one other giant to a mostly-safe spot. Cast gnome illusion, Calm the
giants outside the bank, invis into the bank and target the 2 giants beside Drioc. Run most of the way up the ramp towards Eastern
Wastes, look through the wall with gnome Illusion, Calm both giants. Once they are both calmed, spam Calm on the one closest to the door
until he Critically resists(Drioc is to far away to Crit resist pull from here). Drioc and the 1 giant will run up the ramp, root them
both, Dictate Drioc, and turn in the report, gate. The level 60 Banker and 2 giants beside him will not come with Drioc with this method.
Make sure Captain Bvellos isn't pathing in/out of the bank when you do this and no groups are in the way!

BlackBellamy 10-21-2019 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception (Post 2993197)
A group you don't like is at the first bridge down on the 2nd floor of blackburrow,

That group gets around!

Canelek 10-21-2019 02:32 PM

Quote:

Die, bridge group. Die.

Baler 10-21-2019 03:15 PM

@op start learning how to use /target a_mob_name001
/target a_mob_name002
/target a_mob_name003
etc

An alternative is F9 camera angles

learn which spells require line of sight.

Legidias 10-21-2019 04:43 PM

Exploit pulling fungi king to top level of seb for ez pz camping