Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Casters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Enchanter Charm soloing at 12lvl (/forums/showthread.php?t=343707)

SewingMachine 12-06-2019 07:57 PM

Enchanter Charm soloing at 12lvl

Tried to charm solo at 12 today but I use all of my mana to do it, and thats if nothing goes wrong. Should i just give up and use my pet untill I get some more mana ? Also having a hard time finding a place. I really dont want to go to CB again. Maybe go to unrest and kill yard trash?

Tecmos Deception 12-06-2019 10:09 PM

It's very difficult before 20ish.

If nothing goes wrong it should work though. One charm, one root, an invis or dispel, and two nukes isn't your whole mana bar especially with med ticks after the charm but before the root.

DMN 12-07-2019 09:20 AM

If you are untwinked it's not even worth it until 30ish. Stop trying and go get your pets. You are just wasting your time.

Velerin 12-07-2019 01:28 PM

The level 12 and 16 pet are pretty strong especially if you summon until you get a good one (daggers are cheap). I found it was better and faster to use it than charm until level 20 or so. 60 mana is big at level 12, not so much at 20. Plus at 12 what you’re charming prob is not even as good as your pet.

SewingMachine 12-07-2019 02:35 PM

So I tried just using my pet and Mem Blur + Nuking worked super well.

Snaggles 12-08-2019 08:56 AM

At that level I’d summon pet and bum buffs by the WC Druid ring. Anything long duration that increases the pets hps will trivialize fights. If on blue find a ranger and get call of earth too, a 4pt DS that lasts like an hour.

tankboyt 12-10-2019 04:19 PM

Was gonna try charming but at 12 I'm munching through even and high blues with just animation and dot. I have only raw silk gear so we'll see if charming as inefficient as everyone says at lower levels I'll just continue on with what I'm doing.

On a side note do we have to wait til Kunark release for breeze and clarity?

SewingMachine 12-10-2019 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tankboyt (Post 3048129)
Was gonna try charming but at 12 I'm munching through even and high blues with just animation and dot. I have only raw silk gear so we'll see if charming as inefficient as everyone says at lower levels I'll just continue on with what I'm doing.

On a side note do we have to wait til Kunark release for breeze and clarity?

Breeze Yes
Clarity No

These are the hard truths

I am lvl 16 now Charming isnt worth it unless you have really good gear you blow through so much many. Its way easier to just get your Animation and do what ever.

The best result I had was Fighting high blues pull with tash, root, Attack Slow let my pet beat on him while i med. When the mob is at 30ish% memb blur and nuke.

I am at 16 now was thinking of doing the same thing but going to upper guk. and try charming again. but we will see.

Veikuri 12-11-2019 11:44 AM

Is there a guide on how to effectively exp with your pet? My Enchanter is level 5 and I see we get a 50% exp penatly if the pet does more than 50% of the damage. Is there a way around that for animations?

What I've been doing is having my pet fight a white/high blue mob while I run around killing blues. Is that proper or am I missing something?

SewingMachine 12-11-2019 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veikuri (Post 3048691)
Is there a guide on how to effectively exp with your pet? My Enchanter is level 5 and I see we get a 50% exp penatly if the pet does more than 50% of the damage. Is there a way around that for animations?

What I've been doing is having my pet fight a white/high blue mob while I run around killing blues. Is that proper or am I missing something?

I would just murder blues. with your pet take the 50% hit. Its better because your spells cost alot to get to 51% dmg. I would just assist your pet in getting kills and moving on. I focused on CB and getting belts. My Idea was pet cant take 50% of the exp from turn in quests. So if he helped me killl orc Cent. then I can just turn those in and call it good. Worked for me until lvl 12.