Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   p99 at lowest point since launch (/forums/showthread.php?t=389595)

tyrant49333 08-09-2021 04:14 PM

p99 at lowest point since launch

Bag limits

GM enforced roll for ringwar

Rooted Dragons in TOV

GM enforced fear golem welfare race

"The draft" welfare week

p99 has reached the lowest point ever since launch, and it is sad. The one last bastion of competition in everquest is crawling to a stop. If you wanted noncompetitive content, go to the TLPs and have the entire raid zone to yourself.

New world is coming out next month - nail in the coffin?

Smoofers 08-09-2021 04:15 PM

On the other hand, if it weren't for welfare pixels, Riot may have disbanded by now.

CancerMage 08-09-2021 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrant49333 (Post 3344443)

New world is coming out next month - nail in the coffin?

noone can afford TLP, let alone a new MMORPG. might take a 10% hit of people who can ask their moms for sub money.

Bhairava 08-09-2021 04:22 PM

Quote:

The one last bastion of competition in everquest is crawling to a stop. If you wanted noncompetitive content, go to the TLPs and have the entire raid zone to yourself.
what the fuck is everquest 'competition;????

tyrant49333 08-09-2021 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhairava (Post 3344449)

I figured a riot member would ask this, let me explain:

When a dragon spawns, whoever gets FTE (first to engage) on it, their raid to gets to kill it. I know you guys are used to uncontested bag limit loot so this might be a foreign concept.

Naethyn 08-09-2021 04:28 PM

The most vocal supporters of "competition" almost always just want to lord over pixels. Every single one of the systems outlined above are keeping more raid entities in the game.

Baler 08-09-2021 04:29 PM

OP did not get pixels

adruidarkly 08-09-2021 04:32 PM

Unsurprising. A competition of simply who has the most anytime players is not a competition many enjoy. Real classic competition is choosing which targets you will not get more than which you will. The competition therefor is in execution speed and mobility.

With the window system, it lays it up for who can sit around all day and not function. Therefor, the prizes aren't worth the wait.

Twochain 08-09-2021 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhairava (Post 3344449)

Raiding on p99 is the only form of Competitive PVE there is. You wouldn't know because you are a noob. Hope this helps.

To be fair I kind of like the golem races/the draft. Golems in 2021 on p99 blue = WHATEVER. And it's a great opportunity for new raiders to engage a mob live. Everyone has to get their first hit somewhere.

Ring War roll = whatever, click quest was fucking stupid at scout and it was stupid at ring war. I'd prefer to see a race instead but it's literally whatever. Ring War 2021.

Rooted Dragons is =(

Bag limits are probably the only thing that is making ToV a non 1-guild affair at the moment. (Which is a product of rooted dragons- there would always be two guilds competing if they were pull-able. Vulak can be killed with 30 people if he can be pulled, but requires AT LEAST 60 people who know exactly what they are doing to do it competitively)

1 Guild raiding is very very boring. I would never show up to any raid if there wasn't somebody else to beat. There is nothing challenging about killing dragons in Velious 6 years in, it's the other guilds that provide the challenge to beat.

Overall, it's not bad. I'm having fun.

Bhairava 08-09-2021 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrant49333 (Post 3344455)
When a dragon spawns, whoever gets FTE (first to engage) on it, their raid to gets to kill it. I know you guys are used to uncontested bag limit loot so this might be a foreign concept.

oh, so its like in wow when you want to tag a large rat in the starting zone and you have to 'compete' with the other level 1 elf mages for the privilege