Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Should I start playing on Green or stick to Blue? (/forums/showthread.php?t=360167)

Loadsamoney 05-29-2020 06:10 PM

Should I start playing on Green or stick to Blue?

I have a 45 Ranger on Blue, slowly working on a Bard and trying out a Shadowknight as well, but I see that there's more people on Green.

Would it be worth my time to play on Green instead of Blue and just start over?

loramin 05-29-2020 06:12 PM

What do you want?

No, serious question: you've seen what Blue is like. Does the idea of starting over in a similar game, but in a more classic environment, with content released in patches, appeal to you?

If not, are you hurting for finding a group on Blue, and does the idea of a more populated server, with less places for people to go (making it easier to find a group) appeal to you?

If the answer to either question was yes, go make a Green toon and see what you think :) If not, I'm not sure what you'd gain.

Loadsamoney 05-29-2020 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3136798)
What do you want?

No, serious question: you've seen what Blue is like. Does the idea of starting over in a similar game, but in a more classic environment, with content released in patches, appeal to you?

If not, are you hurting for finding a group on Blue, and the idea of a more populated server, with less places for people to go, making it easier to find a group, appeals to you?

If the answer to either question was yes, go make a Green toon :) If not, I'm not sure what you'd gain.

1. A Beer.

2. Not really, not if the gear available is going to be absolute junk compared to what's available for twinking in Velious.

3. No, finding a group isn't particularly hard, and soloing actually seems to be better on Blue these days because there isn't so much competition for hot spots, like Sisters in Lfay.

Baler 05-29-2020 06:19 PM

quit blue, make an erudite and join DMO

Loadsamoney 05-29-2020 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baler (Post 3136805)
quit blue, make an erudite and join DMO

If I play anything on Green it'll either be a Half Elf Bard or a Wood Elf Ranger.

loramin 05-29-2020 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loadsamoney (Post 3136804)
2. Not really, not if the gear available is going to be absolute junk compared to what's available for twinking in Velious.

3. No, finding a group isn't particularly hard, and soloing actually seems to be better on Blue these days because there isn't so much competition for hot spots, like Sisters in Lfay.

I think you just answered your own question then :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loadsamoney (Post 3136804)
1. A Beer.

https://i.imgur.com/vZlMrQ7.gif

Loadsamoney 05-29-2020 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3136808)
I think you just answered your own question then :D

https://i.imgur.com/vZlMrQ7.gif

Sounds good then, Blue still has a solid player base so unless everyone abandons it overnight, it should be good for quite a while to come. If I get really bored I might roll a toon on Green and just play it casually on and off.

Baler 05-29-2020 06:23 PM

don't buy into Loramins anti DMO propaganda ;)

Roll Erudite and win Green.

Loadsamoney 05-29-2020 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baler (Post 3136811)
don't buy into Loramins anti DMO propaganda ;)

Roll Erudite and win Green.

Is DMO the new TMO (The Mystical Order)? Gonna put all nameds and raid mobs on 24/7 lockdown, batphones going out to 5,000 members within 2 minutes of a pop?

ChooChoo Train 05-29-2020 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loadsamoney (Post 3136807)
If I play anything on Green it'll either be a Half Elf Bard or a Wood Elf Ranger.

Half elf bard can never wear a PD robe so that’s like yea no. Human bard is much sexier.