Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   P99 green launch permanently killed my enthusiasm for everquest (/forums/showthread.php?t=384509)

Xezn 05-11-2021 12:04 PM

P99 green launch permanently killed my enthusiasm for everquest

I used to love this server and would play it in between TLP on and off throughout the years. When green released, I was as excited as everyone else and went in fairly hardcore. I actually preferred the corpse runs, the slower exp, the fact that mostly everything was the way I remember it. It felt like being in a time machine.

The problem I think with the green launch is that they did too many experimental changes that made it no longer feel like eq while leaving in too many balance issues. Green server kinda showed me what eq would be like if played by a modern crowd - everything gets solod, everyone fights over the best zones, people ignore half the areas in the game. Everyone was a solo class. I was still fun, but I think it left me disillusioned and sort of erased everything that I had experienced on blue the years prior.

I also think things like the forced lighting(which killed my performance) and the list stuff were terrible changes. Maybe it's better now that it's in kunark but I can't find the desire to come back to p99 anymore.

Midoo 05-13-2021 11:07 AM

I know, it's depressing. People's mindsets changed a lot. Everyone is trying to minmax nowadays, no one has time to explore or roleplay. We keep saying the old days were simple times but people's standards were even simpler.

Jimjam 05-13-2021 11:32 AM

Newb zone mobs need to be linked triplets which don’t respawn until all 3 mobs have been killed. Random spawn points and all 3 respawn all at once when the last of the 3 has been killed.

strongNpretty 05-13-2021 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midoo (Post 3305272)
I know, it's depressing. People's mindsets changed a lot. Everyone is trying to minmax nowadays, no one has time to explore or roleplay. We keep saying the old days were simple times but people's standards were even simpler.

God damn amen dude. Everybody here acting like they can't get that classic experience, yet it's this community's own damn fault for the issues we experience today..

-300+ folks attending a raid to kill 1 dragon
-Min Maxing every single fucking thing
-Not going anywhere outside of the highest ZEM zones
-Even then, lets just CotH to the camp
-Folks at a camp for over 24 hours is pretty normal
-Living on discord cause no life
-Needing a port to get 1 zone over is a standard

unsunghero 05-13-2021 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xezn (Post 3303760)
Everyone was a solo class

Half of the Green server is either druid or Necro. But it’s about the pp farming, not necessarily the solo’ing

It was a new server and so everyone started out with no money. Rolling something like a ranger with a xp penalty or a troll sk with an even bigger xp penalty and old (bad) knight damage tables and zero twink money is kind of a bad idea. No offense to anyone who did, more power to ya

Most people’s first char on a brand new server is going to be a farming class

strongNpretty 05-13-2021 12:50 PM

Spent my morning POTG'n all of Norrath. Athemis doin god's work! Or maybe Tunare's work..

Tunabros 05-13-2021 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jibartik (Post 3305322)
am I the only mother fucker who logs in shouts LFG and then pugs for a few hours around here??

EQ is always what YOU make of it.

Jibartik 05-13-2021 12:51 PM

am I the only who logs in shouts LFG and then pugs for a few hours around here??

drackgon 05-13-2021 01:01 PM

The forced lighting on the server does suck, which causes some armor to look weird coloring. That aside, Green is still a solid server. Most (mainly non hardcore and semi hardcore raiders) enjoy the adventure. Yes there are things that I truly hate on the server bc they claim to want 2 be classic as can be,(aka Necros nerf'd bc they couldnt nerf a simple earring, and Dragons windows which is silly as can be) You just have to know that its a server ran by a few peeps. And they will do with what they want.

But, the game is still fun, and I love logging on and going hey guys what are we doing today. Could be leveling in hole, Leveling baby toons, PLing someone, Rushing off to Kith to hlep finish epic, or CoM. Theres tons and tons to do, and glad my guild gets to do those things:)

UrkTheSlayer 05-13-2021 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jibartik (Post 3305330)
am I the only who logs in shouts LFG and then pugs for a few hours around here??

First I’ll /who friends and check what the boys are up to, see if I can get the homie hook-up.

If that doesn’t pan out I’ll go to where I want to explore and check the camps I want. If no ones there I’ll /who and see if there’s anyone in zone my level and /tell them. If no ones there I’ll try to solo- if it doesn’t work out I /who all <my level> and send tells to see if they have room.

I almost always find atleast someone to duo with in the first 10-15. I find more duos then groups but honestly: any caster(besides cleric unless undead)+wizard duo is better exp then groups anyway.

Im sure two mages are probably better exp then wizard/mage but I honestly feel like mages would rather duo with a wizard instead of another mage.

Really stoked for quadding with Druids and Bards.