Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   What class is most needed (/forums/showthread.php?t=387783)

Sonderbeast 07-11-2021 12:38 AM

What class is most needed

Hello, looking to possibly start on Green. I'm used to my Warrior in raid situations, however I'm interested in maybe mixing it up. What would you say is the most needed class at this current point in time?

Also I'm oriented toward end-game content so any guild that thinks it would be mutually beneficial to assist me getting a character up to a useful level (say level 50 cleric/bard) I would be interested in joining. Thanks.

LHK 07-11-2021 01:25 AM

The most needed class is the one you enjoy playing the most. Sounds like a cop-out answer, but burnout is a serious problem, guilds have plenty of members come and go due to it all the time. It's always preferable to have someone who is dedicated and consistent (because they enjoy playing the game / class) than an enchanter who shows up to 2 raids and quits, for example.

My honest opinion, i think the server has a small need for good lvl 60 wizards - haven't encountered a ton in my playtime and Wizard Lures are ridiculously good in Velious. Otherwise, enchanter, warrior, Cleric are always good classes that guilds are after.

Loadsamoney 07-11-2021 03:39 AM

Bard. A very fun and active class to play, can solo well, and groups love them.

Fammaden 07-11-2021 06:05 AM

Bard and wizard are definitely always in shorter supply at end game compared to how desirable they are. Bard of course gives you far more options in the leveling up phase of the game. And main clerics of course are always needed.

Jimjam 07-11-2021 09:02 AM

Another warrior parked and bound in secondary location.

Ravager 07-11-2021 10:08 AM

Beastlord.

Tethler 07-12-2021 02:20 AM

Bards. Never seem to be enough. I guess cleric and rogue fall into that camp as well.

Aeaolena 07-12-2021 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LHK (Post 3332467)
My honest opinion, i think the server has a small need for good lvl 60 wizards - haven't encountered a ton in my playtime and Wizard Lures are ridiculously good in Velious.

bobjonesp99 07-13-2021 09:17 AM

every class has a role in the end game if they play it right, and the one you want to play most is the best one to play. that said for raid context...

the raid classes are never turned away for end game content (warrior, cleric, wizard, rogue). you can never really have 'too many'. i would maybe even include monks in here due to being able to be both a decent dps and usefulness as a puller who can also track using fd.

some support classes, like bards, are in shorter supply and are always welcome (although the end game isnt as fun as group content for these powerful classes usually). other support classes are common (enchanters, druids) but seem to primarily be alts at the end game and so sometimes they are lacking at the raid.

the rest of the classes are either common (shaman, mages) or only offer niche benefits while lagging in other areas over previously mentioned classes (paladin, shadow knight, ranger, necro).

cd288 07-13-2021 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobjonesp99 (Post 3333128)
every class has a role in the end game if they play it right, and the one you want to play most is the best one to play. that said for raid context...

the raid classes are never turned away for end game content (warrior, cleric, wizard, rogue). you can never really have 'too many'. i would maybe even include monks in here due to being able to be both a decent dps and usefulness as a puller who can also track using fd.

some support classes, like bards, are in shorter supply and are always welcome (although the end game isnt as fun as group content for these powerful classes usually). other support classes are common (enchanters, druids) but seem to primarily be alts at the end game and so sometimes they are lacking at the raid.

the rest of the classes are either common (shaman, mages) or only offer niche benefits while lagging in other areas over previously mentioned classes (paladin, shadow knight, ranger, necro).

Who turns people away from a raid when there’s no size cap? It’s all a massive zerg nobody is like oh we have 4 Druids already so you’re out sorry Druid