Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Boxing? (/forums/showthread.php?t=386334)

Shourty 06-11-2021 04:46 PM

Boxing?

Not a gaming boxer so I don't know how it is done.
Do you set up two monitors with an account running on each, mouse over and click on which one you want to interact with and use the same keyboard?
That doesn't sound to hard if it is just that easy.
Or is it very different than that?

Kavious 06-11-2021 04:57 PM

That'll be one of the fastest ways to get your accounts banned

Baler 06-11-2021 05:20 PM

Don't talk about boxxing on the p99 forums.

https://i.imgur.com/uifnZkI.png

Croco 06-11-2021 06:14 PM

maybe he's talking about playing blue and green at the same time

DMN 06-11-2021 06:32 PM

Boxing is what you do when you want to lose your brain cells, your ears, or your accounts.

Shourty 06-11-2021 06:45 PM

OH, I should have said. "asking for a friend".
No, The Elder Dragon server post said something about boxing and it got me thinking how you did it. That's all.
Please Mr. moderator, that's all my intent was in making the op.

Jibartik 06-11-2021 06:47 PM

I used to box on live 3 id run on 1 pc and 3 on another.

There is 0 enjoyment of the game, just massive amounts of button presing.

if you like enchanter imagine like 3 enchanters at once with 3 pets.

with 1 account you just enjoy the game. So now on Mischife im just doing 1 even. Even with 1 more account there is so much you gotta do it's just a totally different game, its fun, but it's just not the same type of fun eq is with 1 account.

But getting good at it is as much fun as enchanting if you're into that plate spinning stuff, but its just boring after a while, it's just 100% plate spinning.

edit: its also a gateway drug to mq2.. when you start thinking wtf is the point in running 6 toons across a zone when i can /warp them and you find out everyone on live is using it.

Shourty 06-11-2021 07:13 PM

On a different server, NOT P 99, I would like to try that with two characters. If it is one computer two monitors like I mentioned in the original post. NOT on P 99. Cripes NO not here. <Whew> hope that covers it. <cringe>

pivo 06-12-2021 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shourty (Post 3320944)
On a different server, NOT P 99, I would like to try that with two characters. If it is one computer two monitors like I mentioned in the original post. NOT on P 99. Cripes NO not here. <Whew> hope that covers it. <cringe>

Try here: https://www.takproject.net/

It is in Luclin and at some point it goes to PoP. Client seems less resource hungry than on P99 on my Linux computer. (also, on p99 I have several occasional problems like keyboard and mouse sometimes freeze for no reason until computer reset, or screen go black for 20-40 seconds, and I have yet experience same things on takp client)

Client have build in macro/hot buttons for switching between screens. Since I have Linux I just switch between 3 work spaces, for each character.

3 booxing (max on TAKP) is something to get used to it. But you don't have to be active with all three (or two) characters. Have one main character, who does most work, say melee. Other two characters can just site there, getting XP and here and there cast buffs on your tank, for example. Or one of them is pet character that assist.

On TAKP server, some solo, some duo and some play three characters.

Population is similar to blue server on p99, without drama. They have rotating system in place for raids and looks like it works great. Very friendly community.

myrddraal 06-12-2021 07:11 PM

Boxing is only ok if you use one of them to train another guild using their shared characters while leading your own with the other