Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Library (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Project 1999 F.A.Q. (/forums/showthread.php?t=1002)

Aeolwind 11-20-2009 01:21 PM

Stickied. Nice post.

Vonyor 11-20-2009 10:25 PM

There are allot of stickies now, maybe they can all be combined? If not the titles will probably help people find what they are looking for anyway.

messiah_b 11-20-2009 10:28 PM

You want stickies that way you don't have to see all the terrible threads >.<

Ehud 11-21-2009 01:41 PM

We should have some useful links in the FAQ like http://eqc.wikidot.com/classic

Vanech 11-21-2009 10:04 PM

From the Step-by-step guide to getting started thread in Files. (post #'s46 & 47.

How many of these steps are necessary, versus how many are just for making the UI look Classic? Let's say I don't care for classic spell gems or spell effects, would I be able to skip certain steps?

most of the aesthetic changes can be skipped ( ui, spell effects, spell gems, loading screen, etc.)

the dbstr and spells_us files cannot be skipped without causing alot of headache (especially if you're a caster)

The zone changes cannot be skipped if you ever intend to be in, or travel through, those zones.

/shrug

Might be worth adding, just to cover the bases...

Pyrocat 11-22-2009 08:34 PM

Well, really everything that can be skipped is already listed as OPTIONAL in that thread. The only additional thing that can possibly be skipped without causing errors are the spell gems (aka Step #6) but I haven't tried running an installation without doing that step, so I'm not comfortable advertising that as an option.

Vonyor 11-25-2009 04:31 AM

Dont forget to update the tidbit about the translocators, also I have seen people in their 20s not realize you only need to sit to meditate. Most people who played classic ask if you need your spellbook open to meditate.

Pyrocat 11-25-2009 07:31 PM

Thanks, added to the F.A.Q.

Dabamf 11-25-2009 09:05 PM

For clarification's sake, I'd edit the following
Quote:

What expansions and zones are open?
No expansions, just original EQ for now.
Plane of Hate is closed.
Plane of Sky is closed.
Temple of Sol Ro (and related quests) is closed.
The Hole is closed.
The Warrens / Stonebrunt Mountains are closed.
To include "Plane of Fear is open."

The headline does say "what expansions and zones are OPEN" after all, and fear isn't really mentioned clearly.

And Vox, phinny, and CT (zone) are all fixed now right?

Anyway, good faq.

guineapig 11-25-2009 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyrocat (Post 6177)
Well, really everything that can be skipped is already listed as OPTIONAL in that thread. The only additional thing that can possibly be skipped without causing errors are the spell gems (aka Step #6) but I haven't tried running an installation without doing that step, so I'm not comfortable advertising that as an option.

Can anyone confirm that newschool spell gems work?
Half my icons in my spell bar look the same which gets real rough when I have a 1 shot chance between life and death.

I for one would be happy to use the new icons.