Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   PVP Battle - Wizard Vs Druid (/forums/showthread.php?t=375232)

Gustoo 12-29-2020 07:45 PM

PVP Battle - Wizard Vs Druid

At level 50 vanilla

And at level 60 kunark, and level 60 velious

Initial thoughts - In vanilla, if both are only self buffed, and druid attacks first, he has a big advantage with higher HP and self heals, vs wizard pretty soft with no heal ability.

Thanks

Jibartik 12-29-2020 07:48 PM

IMO druid has advantage in this fight because if you can land those long range dots on them, you can do more damage over time then if they land those long range nukes on you.

But everytime I fought one with a druid they always seem to land pretty much everything on me. So maybe that information is worthless and stupid.

It's all about hoping they dont gate when they get tired of chasing you and their hp hits 50%.

magnetaress 12-29-2020 07:58 PM

Wizards and druids in vanilla have both fast ways to keep each other interuppted with 0sec push nukes, stuns.

It's really 50/50 if the neither can run away or get range.

But at FM a wiz can suppress a druids healing whilst efficiently killing the druid with mana to spare.

Wiz has runes as well.

I killed a few wizards who jumped at me on veris. Was always fully buffed, medded, junk buffs. Prepped tho cuz I knew where and who the pvp wiz pks were, are. Was never a guaranteed win. Even with the same people round2. RNG and resists played a big part of each fight.

Gustoo 12-29-2020 08:03 PM

Hmm good insights.

White_knight 12-29-2020 10:26 PM

A druid in velious can out heal a Wizards damage.

Depends on resists tho....it's kinda mute in velious.

Tunabros 12-29-2020 10:29 PM

def druid

Dulu 12-30-2020 01:30 AM

Whoever gets the jump on the other while they're fighting mobs / another player.

Gustoo 12-30-2020 02:41 AM

Never heard of that strategy care to elaborate? Haha. Man it’s been a long time since I’ve had someone drop in on me unnoticed when I’m 30 percent HP after a pve battle. Good timmmmmmmes

Gosh at this point the beginning good days of red 99 were almost as long ago as the Live rallos zek was when red 99 started. That date is coming up in a few years only.

Where the hell did all those Holocaust guys go? There was a full grip of them enough to give nihilum a good showing before the entire guild got banned.

Jibartik 12-30-2020 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustoo (Post 3236625)
Never heard of that strategy care to elaborate?

get real high in COM

lurk in water in OOT

magnetaress 12-30-2020 10:26 AM

I had a lot of times were I was in MM on Veris and a certain wizard would logon invis, they were bound in the back half in a safe room in the castle or up on one of the walls. Who would levitate over me and check up on me. If I wasn't ripe for the plucking they'd run out and gate back and log until such a time as they had the upper hand. This is expert wizard play. I would usually see this person 4 times in the duration of an all day grind session.

I always laughed my ass off when they picked off a happless tank or grp member )

Remember having two or 3 pals with u decreases the chances they'd loot and scoot with ur good item(s) :D

If you're on a wizard, and you are pvping, and you have to cast more than two nukes, you're doing it wrong (sorry).