Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   So a guild can own a camp? (/forums/showthread.php?t=364358)

Nuggie 07-29-2020 04:43 PM

Arvan, I like you. We can be Elf-pals.

Lordgordon 07-29-2020 05:36 PM

If you dont treat this game like a full time job, politely go fuck yourself.

Swish 07-29-2020 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RecondoJoe (Post 3162140)
It’s not classic at all. You think 20 years ago that a mob of angry players are going to sit back and let the same group of players dominate the same camp indefinitely because they gave each other permission to do so?

I’ve heard Blue is even worse BTW.

Cancel your subscription if you don't like it.

Levlenna 07-29-2020 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cd288 (Post 3161951)
I don't disagree with that to an extent. I would've preferred to have seen some fix added to prevent using this method in PoS because certainly that mechanic couldn't have been something the SOE devs intended to be used and I'm guessing it would have been declared an exploit and patched had it become widely used back in the day. However, I don't know how much work that would be for the P99 staff (or even if it's possible for them to do with their resources) so I would take this solution over no solution at all.

You cannot levitate in POSky, you cannot gate or evac or port out from plane of sky, how about this: You can no longer use the spell: Summon Corpse in PoSky.

cd288 07-29-2020 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levlenna (Post 3162247)
You cannot levitate in POSky, you cannot gate or evac or port out from plane of sky, how about this: You can no longer use the spell: Summon Corpse in PoSky.

Lol that works.

Or shit maybe don’t even make the change just yet. Tell everyone that if they use it to BS the raid zone then it will be prohibited from use. Maybe that’s enough of a threat and people are still allowed to summon corpses for legitimate purposes.

Lostfaction 07-29-2020 07:33 PM

It would be easier to make summon corpse only work on island 1...

Fammaden 07-29-2020 07:40 PM

Only need to disable it until Kunark really anyway. Would open the camp back up and force doing PoS as a real crawl not a plat sink corpse summon cheese crawl. Then again maybe the plat sink aspect is a good thing overall.

N0tClassic 07-29-2020 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fammaden (Post 3162266)
Only need to disable it until Kunark really anyway. Would open the camp back up and force doing PoS as a real crawl not a plat sink corpse summon cheese crawl. Then again maybe the plat sink aspect is a good thing overall.

There is a precedent for changing items/spells that have trivialized content here before

Should do it now before the release of Sky

Fammaden 07-29-2020 07:46 PM

I would have been a much simpler and effective approach than /listing the camp. I said as much in the announcement thread nearly immediately.

I'd give them major props if this is a troll move though. Let Kingdom and ST grind themselves into the ground sitting necros at that camp then you show up to the first day of sky and....surprise the shit doesn't even work here now assholes.

Snortles Chortles 07-29-2020 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaezed-Reality (Post 3162001)
Whats next? rez/graveyards cause people don't want to spend time CRing?

/petition oops my corpse rotted PlS summon to EC spot thx