Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Rogues - Some questions (/forums/showthread.php?t=221078)

Muggens 12-07-2015 07:50 AM

Rogues - Some questions

Found some excellent threads that I wouldve posted in but they are locked, therefore the new thread. Here are my questions:

1:What level can a decent geared rogue solo the Ancient Cyclops in Ro, and does Intimidate work on him?

2:What level can a decent geared rogue solo Quillmane in South Karanas, and does Intimidate work on him/her?

3:Whats a quick way to train Intimidate, I dont want to join fear kiting groups :/ Is there some inanimate object I can just click on?

4:Back in my monk days(15 years ago ca) I seem to remember an Extremely steep and tall mountain that was perfect for training Safe Fall, where could that be?

5:Canyoneer Pike http://wiki.project1999.com/Canyoneer_Pike appears like a really nice weapon to carry around for solo purpose as a rogue, does anyone have any details on how to obtain this weapon and if its worth the bother?

6: Clicked disarm on 35 Skill an entire night of grouping, only got 1 skillup, should I train more GM points into it for it to Skillup faster?

7: Can I max my Disarm Traps skill at the pendulum in SolA?

8: Is +5 STR Ring worth dropping a +55HP ring for?

Endonde 12-07-2015 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muggens (Post 2130513)
Found some excellent threads that I wouldve posted in but they are locked, therefore the new thread. Here are my questions:

1:What level can a decent geared rogue solo the Ancient Cyclops in Ro, and does Intimidate work on him?

2:What level can a decent geared rogue solo Quillmane in South Karanas, and does Intimidate work on him/her?

3:Whats a quick way to train Intimidate, I dont want to join fear kiting groups :/ Is there some inanimate object I can just click on?

4:Back in my monk days(15 years ago ca) I seem to remember an Extremely steep and tall mountain that was perfect for training Safe Fall, where could that be?

5:Canyoneer Pike http://wiki.project1999.com/Canyoneer_Pike appears like a really nice weapon to carry around for solo purpose as a rogue, does anyone have any details on how to obtain this weapon and if its worth the bother?

6: Clicked disarm on 35 Skill an entire night of grouping, only got 1 skillup, should I train more GM points into it for it to Skillup faster?

7: Can I max my Disarm Traps skill at the pendulum in SolA?

8: Is +5 STR Ring worth dropping a +55HP ring for?

Just answering the ones I know.

2) 35ish? Quillmane isn't too hard I think I soloe'd him on a mid 30's twink rogue with ease. Intimidate should land.

3) I just spammed intimidate while solo'ing, but intimidate has been changed since I leveled up and is now much less effective. Intimidate will never work if Backstab is on cooldown.

4) I can't think of a specific place but there are tons and tons of places you can do this, Dreadlands, Frontier Mountains would be good I think, Rathe mountains as well.

5) I'd say no it isn't worth the bother, if you really want a slow wep get a Locustlure.

7) Yes, but I have yet to find a use for the skill.

8) Debatable, it really depends on how much dmg you take, but I would say overall 55 hp is better.

Muggens 12-07-2015 01:38 PM

Thanks for all the good answers Endonde :)

Lojik 12-07-2015 02:58 PM

You can practice safefall in ec in the tunnel...at least it seemed to work for me

Sajan 12-07-2015 03:09 PM

I recall being able to zone into Erudin and point your character at the teleporter on the lower level, which shoots you back up top, to auto run and max safe fall while AFK.

Muggens 12-08-2015 09:20 PM

Lojik, what do you mean in EC tunnel?

Sajan, thats smart if it works, would consider that.

Anyone on the AC Ring?

Cecily 12-09-2015 09:50 PM

My favorite spot for safefall was the zone walls of the Ro deserts. Bunch of tiny drops there thatll cap you pretty quick. I also liked jumping off of Kelethin lifts and practicing bind wound at the same time.

I would say be at least +5 levels on anything you wanna try to solo. Anything 45+ is gonna be either a really rough fight for a non geared to the teeth rogue solo. Or just straight up impossible. Not sure on the level of your clops. Oot might be off limits till you get a fungi / 60. Sro is easier but still a hard fight.

Intimidate used to be reliable enough to solo with. I wouldn't count on it for more than one fear a fight now. You may get more or less!

Akesedo 12-10-2015 01:55 AM

Intimidate will skill up with any npc targeted. If you are running through a zone I just target something and mash it til I hit next zone. Also can skill it up on pets.

Xaanka 12-10-2015 04:10 AM

+5 level is a good rule of thumb. after 50 or so, good luck. helps a lot to have a regen item too.

intimidate working on any npc is correct, Akesedo's method is the best way to skill it up. or just bind it to evade when you're grouping because it will never land anyway.

not sure about safe fall spots because i'm on red, that would get you killed. if there's any obscure good safe fall spots i'm all ears, i still have to work on that one.

disarm only gives skillup chances against npc's holding weapons. go somewhere with a lot of weapons in your exp range (highkeeps a good one for a big level range) and put disarm on your evade macro.

not sure why you would need a slow proc spear on a rogue. slow pulls a ton of aggro.

not sure how sense trap skillups work. i just spam it whenever i'm around a bunch of traps and eventually i was max without thinking about it.

go with the 55hp. if you're low enough level where 10str will make a difference, 110hp is still a very big deal to you

syztem 12-10-2015 04:47 AM

at 35 with a semi twinked out ranger, iksar bp, lammy, css, mithril gear etc. full gear every slot, fbss and what not. he was easily able to solo quillmane and have like 40-50% health left. This was BECAUSE of opening with stinging swarm dot + pre casting thorns on myself and rooting or snaring to run away and heal if he got lucky rounds off on me. For a rogue it might be a bit harder since backstab is your damage but quill is a lvl 30 warrior, rogue mitigation is pretty bad at that level.

for disarm, don't waste your points save it for tradeskills to 21 or something useful to save you time in the future. Disarm raises EXTREMELY slow, On red you can raise disarm in pvp on a successful disarm only. I wonder if that means you can skill up in a /duel on blue, but again it ONLY goes up on a disarm and not all the time. Disarm skill going up on mobs is extremely rare, its probably THE slowest skill rogues get to level up. One rogue I basically leveled 100-200 during raids just sitting around disarming guildmates, much slower but lots of free time, took a few weeks. Mobs you can skill up disarm on a fail and a disarm but depends on where you are exping, most places you out level super quick where there any mobs full of weapons.

Disarm trap? Pretty sure this is broken, Sense Trap you can bind to left/right like who or sense heading and get it to 200 fairly quick. Disarm trap you can sit near a trap and just tap it on refresh and it skills up semi fast however my sense/disarm is max, and i have NEVER disarmed a trap. I have sat in DN near traps, spamming disarm for 30+ attempts and never once did it work. I do recall once disarming the solb crusher trap, but when I walked through I still took damage(even though it wasn't moving) so unless someone can prove me wrong, or if its just DN. Disarm trap does not work.