Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Casters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Necro CHA and lulls (/forums/showthread.php?t=296222)

Scoojitsu 04-21-2018 02:22 AM

Necro CHA and lulls

From what I could gather reading through these forums is that necromancers' charm spells aren't affected by CHA.
What about undead lulls tho?

From playing my enchanter I know the chance to get a critical resist on a lull attempt is reduced with high CHA. Is it the same for necromancers?
I'm still trying to make sense of all the -CHA on necro items.

Rathnir 04-21-2018 04:42 AM

Having a low charisma should decrease your chance of Fear spells breaking early. Low Charisma should also work to increase Intimidation checks. Not sure if low charisma affects anything else (other then obvious enchanter charm/lull, merchant prices, DI saves)

Not sure if it does work that way, but that's the theory.

Haghar 04-21-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rathnir (Post 2694116)
Having a low charisma should decrease your chance of Fear spells breaking early. Low Charisma should also work to increase Intimidation checks. Not sure if low charisma affects anything else (other then obvious enchanter charm/lull, merchant prices, DI saves)

Not sure if it does work that way, but that's the theory.

This is all false. Charisma has zero effect on anything a Necromancer does.

enjchanter 04-21-2018 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haghar (Post 2694185)

Would have to agree

After playing both classes to 60 I would say that my charms and lulls are about the same effectiveness on my sub 100 Cha necro and my 255 Cha enchanter.

The necro lull seems a bit weaker and more likely to crit resist but I have about the same confidence in both

Uteunayr 04-22-2018 07:08 AM

Yeah, the charisma/fear thing was a myth. I ended up once tracking fear resilience across around 200 casts of standard Fear, one where I was at around 100 charisma and another around 40. No substantial difference. An argument could be made it doesn't matter until above 100 cha or below 40 cha, but at that point one is putting way too much gearing focus into it for it to be worthwhile.

katrik 04-22-2018 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haghar (Post 2694185)

except for selling things :D

NegaStoat 04-22-2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katrik (Post 2694724)
except for selling things :D

This is a big deal for the leveling Necromancer. For instance - if you can shove your Cha up to a 95 that is exactly enough to sell your Bronze 2 handed Battle Axes for 4 plat and 1 gold exactly at the druid vendor at the ring in Butcherblock. It makes dumping them and then buying / selling them back a super way to get rid of your copper / silver / gold without a banker.

There's no reason not to dedicate bag space for at least 4 pieces like a crude stein (+15), golden catseye bracelets (+7 each), and a plat catseye necklace (+9) for a 38 boost when it's time to sell. I'll agree with the others on a bad charisma shockingly not really dropping my chances to Lull undead. It's a mostly reliable chance based solely off of comparative levels + target magic resistance.

thebutthat 04-28-2018 07:04 AM

The cha does affect undead lull. You'll get a crit resist far more often with low cha, instead of a normal resist. There are only a few pulls that this really matters for a necro, since you can just FD every resist. I personally will try to get my cha up on any pull where I don't have a line of sight option to FD a crit resist.

Bristlebaner 05-01-2018 09:03 AM

CHA absolutely affects necro unead lull. Try to lull as a necro in Howling Stones with low CHA, you'll crit resist like 70% of the time. Good necros carry some cha gear around to use in a pinch when breaking rooms.

Frug 05-01-2018 09:38 AM

I would like to see some #'s on this - confirmation bias is a hard thing to overcome.