Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Cannot connect to green, blue, or red (/forums/showthread.php?t=362937)

Abizmla 07-06-2020 10:07 PM

Cannot connect to green, blue, or red

I recently moved to a house that I was able to play p99 at previously, but I now cannot. I have the same computer that I used before I moved. I can log into ez server and Grand creation sever but not into blue, green, and red. Tried swapping to WinEQ and that didn't have any effect.

After I log in and try to connect to one of these servers there is a 30ish second freeze then I'm sent back to the login screen. If I try multiple times it throws a 1017 error

Abizmla 07-07-2020 02:00 PM

VPN

I downloaded a VPN and I was able to log in. This should narrow down the issues a lot but ideally I'd like to not have to vpn forever.

Adron 07-07-2020 06:18 PM

If VPN worked, it's 100% routing on your ISP's side to the specific server(s). Not a damn thing anybody here can help you with.
I recently found that Comcast offers packet inspection as a customer service, and it prevented p1999 connectivity. Went away when we canceled the service.

Kadaru 07-07-2020 06:37 PM

This is server side issue. not client. I cant get in either and ive been nopticing the amount of ppl online in each server is falling as well

spartygreg116 07-11-2020 12:47 AM

So I have had a similar issue but it gives me a 1018 error. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program. I have tried making a second account. doesn't matter as soon as I click enter world it freezes, boots me back to the log in and gives me a 1018 error.

flaviuscrispus 07-11-2020 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adron (Post 3152719)
If VPN worked, it's 100% routing on your ISP's side to the specific server(s). Not a damn thing anybody here can help you with.
I recently found that Comcast offers packet inspection as a customer service, and it prevented p1999 connectivity. Went away when we canceled the service.

I just bought a new C6300 router to get off the comcast rental router. Would they do packet inspection then? My install used to work fine, hadn't played in a while, but installed new modem last week. I can login and get all the way to clicking enter world and then the game freezes and I end up back at the login screen. I have been thinking it was a router setting issue, but other people in this thread are describing problems similar to what I have.

Adron 07-12-2020 12:26 AM

the comcast packet inspection is/was a business product, so if you're a home account, I wouldn't think that is your problem.
The problems a few days ago did affect a lot of people, but at the moment things appear to be cleared on the 'server side' issue.
If you have your own router, you can try bridging the comcast modem to it to turn off any router apps on their equipment.

flaviuscrispus 07-13-2020 07:32 PM

I got home from work today and couldn't connect to anything. After I power cycled my modem, which I have done before, I am able to connect fine.

flaviuscrispus 07-15-2020 09:48 PM

It is not working the same way again.

flaviuscrispus 07-19-2020 01:25 PM

I have a work around. If I connect to my modem with the xfinity hotspot everything works and I can connect.