Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Why did devs make non-classic , non-rotating hot zones? (/forums/showthread.php?t=380629)

BurtMacklinFBI 03-17-2021 05:33 PM

Why did devs make non-classic , non-rotating hot zones?

The green 50+ leveling experience is about not classic as you can get. The devs effectively added a 'hot zone' from post-trilogy eq in The Hole. Nowhere else is worth going due to the zem and everyone just piles in if they somehow aren't aware by now.

Can the devs please look at the kunark zems like they did to the classic zems to fix this issue? It would help make the server more classic and spread the love around outside of one zone for a majority of the games leveling population.

Gustoo 03-17-2021 06:12 PM

The ZEM's are as classic as possible, one would need to provide better data on the ZEM's to indicate a change should be made.

The non classic we are now experiencing is the 22 year old non classic high detailed knowledge of the game we are playing. The nearly comprehensive wiki and ZEM details using methods that most people didn't even know about in 1999.

So what you are really asking for is a non classic solution to a non classic problem. I fully support NON classic rotating ZEM's though I would do it in a classic way, with a vague reference to a particular zone and the changes in the feeling in the air...ETC.

Cen 03-17-2021 06:25 PM

imagine if the ZEMs rotated completely randomly every day. I mean, it aint classic, but it would be inperceptibly classic ;D

bchennau 03-17-2021 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cen (Post 3275098)
imagine if the ZEMs rotated completely randomly every day. I mean, it aint classic, but it would be inperceptibly classic ;D

I actually love this idea, maybe weekly but it would be awesome to have "word of mouth" back in the game.

Fammaden 03-17-2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtMacklinFBI (Post 3275066)
Can the devs please look at the kunark zems like they did to the classic zems to fix this issue?

The boost to the Hole's modifier WAS part of the classic ZEM overhaul they did, but the hole just wasn't out on green yet. I posted in the patch note thread well prior to Kunark about how this would be the situation after we saw how it took hold on blue way before green Kunark/Hole patch. They considered the Hole as an old world zone, not Kunark.

The Hole's ZEM was already quite good on P99 prior to all this even though it was hard to convince people to go there on blue in the past. The increase was obviously overkill. Even if this was the classic modifier rate there certainly weren't this many people PUG'ing the zone in classic Kunark, not even close.

Snortles Chortles 03-17-2021 07:53 PM

you're in our world now
(LOL)

BlackBellamy 03-17-2021 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustoo (Post 3275086)
The ZEM's are as classic as possible, one would need to provide better data on the ZEM's to indicate a change should be made.

hole zem wasn't boosted until a month after velious launched

Shinko 03-18-2021 03:22 AM

It’s kind of gross from 49-60 in a single zone only

BurtMacklinFBI 03-18-2021 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinko (Post 3275349)
It’s kind of gross from 49-60 in a single zone only

it's goofy. it wasn't anything like how it was. just making dungeons 150 zem across the board and outdoor zones 120 or something like that would open things up quite a bit and spread out the player base the way it used to be.

Cen 03-18-2021 08:19 AM

150 across the board would cause the same issue, for obvious reasons.