Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   FPS 3-5 (/forums/showthread.php?t=252360)

muskarox 09-05-2016 04:15 PM

FPS 3-5

Hi guys,

First and foremost! Great server and a good job on everything it involves!

I am on a laptop and here are my specs:

DELL XPS 17 i7
windows 10 pro
i7 2670MQ CPU 2.20GHz with turbo
6GB RAM
Intel HD graphics 3000
NVIDIA Geforce GT 555M

An old gaming PC from Dell but still a rather solid one for Everquest :)

As from today right after the patch i have lost ALL fps in the game... When i am around 1 or 2 people i already feel a slight lag on the FPS and when it gets up to 10 it increases alot. mouse is lagging all over and clicking on the screen is delayed. Raids are pretty much unplayeble with around 3-5 FPS :/ I have been using the same machine for close to 2 years with no problems untill today after i unpacked the files and started the game. All graphics settings are at zero and has always been that way. Meaning the sky is switched off. Particle density is OFF on all 3 settings. No shaders, lighting or shadows. All is set to nothing :S What can i do? :S

Br, Rhapsodi

Brut 09-05-2016 04:22 PM

Happened to me when I got the anniversary edition patch for windows10.
Rollbacked it to fix!

qualia 09-05-2016 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muskarox (Post 2353515)
Hi guys,

First and foremost! Great server and a good job on everything it involves!

I am on a laptop and here are my specs:

DELL XPS 17 i7
windows 10 pro
i7 2670MQ CPU 2.20GHz with turbo
6GB RAM
Intel HD graphics 3000
NVIDIA Geforce GT 555M

An old gaming PC from Dell but still a rather solid one for Everquest :)

As from today right after the patch i have lost ALL fps in the game... When i am around 1 or 2 people i already feel a slight lag on the FPS and when it gets up to 10 it increases alot. mouse is lagging all over and clicking on the screen is delayed. Raids are pretty much unplayeble with around 3-5 FPS :/ I have been using the same machine for close to 2 years with no problems untill today after i unpacked the files and started the game. All graphics settings are at zero and has always been that way. Meaning the sky is switched off. Particle density is OFF on all 3 settings. No shaders, lighting or shadows. All is set to nothing :S What can i do? :S

Br, Rhapsodi

when you go into options > display > advanced > Card Features: does it list your graphics card or on board graphics? I had to go into Nvidia settings and force my graphics card to pick up EQ.

I also suggest for laptops opening EQ with WinEQ2 (http://www.lavishsoft.com/) as well as using RAMDisk (http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...t=55012&page=2).
If you use RAMDisk you're going to want to trim down your EQ folder, here is a great link describing the process (https://www.reddit.com/r/project1999...vt&sh=a5756789) or you can find amazing already trimmed files...
&
another good link to all sorts of good p99 tech stuff: (http://p99.yourfirefly.com/)

muskarox1 09-05-2016 05:16 PM

I shows my onboard card. And i have been using the onboard card for more than a year with no problems. I will how ever try and look into all your links and see if it will correct anything. Standby :)

muskarox1 09-05-2016 05:24 PM

Did some more testing! When i am in a zone.. surrounded by a ton of mobs everything is fine. I can look around and everything is fine. Suddently when ONE player is infront of me i feel the performance go down. The more players that appear the worse the lag/fps drop will become. Even 10 players at WC rings and i can hardly move the mouse or press macros. Again.. it is ONLY when i look at other players :S So weird!

muskarox1 09-05-2016 05:50 PM

found out some more

Found out 1 more thing! I am unable to enter fullscreen anymore.. just tryed 7 times in a row in different area's and i get a memmory crash or something everytime :O

qualia 09-05-2016 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muskarox1 (Post 2353601)
Found out 1 more thing! I am unable to enter fullscreen anymore.. just tryed 7 times in a row in different area's and i get a memmory crash or something everytime :O

i dont think fullscreen even works on this server. dont quote me on that, but you dont need it.

mainly you need to get off the on board graphics card and use a real graphics card. this game pumps out the cpu power. that in itself will make a remarkable difference.

muskarox1 09-06-2016 09:00 PM

not graphics card

I dont think you quite understand my problem here :) I am sitting on a gaming laptop... been playing Everquest on it for more than a year with the same graphics options all the time and even on raids it runs smoothly. CS:GO runs fine with around 60 fps in medium settings.

When i installed the windows 10 anniversary update Eq simply became unplayable... It is a bug of somekind. Like i said, when i have focus of just 1 player i feel the performancedropping and in a group i have around 20fps or less.. and in EC tunnels i am at around 3-5. :S I am at a loss

qualia 09-06-2016 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muskarox1 (Post 2354521)
I dont think you quite understand my problem here :) I am sitting on a gaming laptop... been playing Everquest on it for more than a year with the same graphics options all the time and even on raids it runs smoothly. CS:GO runs fine with around 60 fps in medium settings.

When i installed the windows 10 anniversary update Eq simply became unplayable... It is a bug of somekind. Like i said, when i have focus of just 1 player i feel the performancedropping and in a group i have around 20fps or less.. and in EC tunnels i am at around 3-5. :S I am at a loss

Roll back the update then?

Jhaerik 09-07-2016 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qualia (Post 2354563)
Roll back the update then?

Roll back the OS... to windows 7 :) The last decent version of windows.