Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Game crashes every time I change character (/forums/showthread.php?t=362973)

Darkyle 07-07-2020 03:34 PM

Game crashes every time I change character

Title basically.

The error is always
"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library"
Runtime Error!
Program: C\Users\myname\Desktop\EverQuest\eqgame.exe
abnormal program termination

It happens when I change characters, accounts and it even happens if I log out close the whole game down and reopen it

Really P*****g me off now because I can't even yolo it and drop trade things when I can't get any help these days.

Anyone have a fix for this :(????

battins 07-07-2020 06:22 PM

I made these 2 changes (as well as moving the game out of Program Files which you've already done) to resolve this issue

Run the game in Windows XP Service Pack 3 Compatability Mode.
Run the game as administrator.

Good luck!

Darkyle 07-09-2020 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by battins (Post 3152724)
I made these 2 changes (as well as moving the game out of Program Files which you've already done) to resolve this issue

Run the game in Windows XP Service Pack 3 Compatability Mode.
Run the game as administrator.

Good luck!

Welp, I have all those already and still get the crashes :( I even installed a MS visual c++ bundle which has all versions incase one was missing still no luck

taxious 01-09-2021 12:13 AM

Necro this thread, I continue to have this problem. I've tried every compatibility mode option. I've tried reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages. Is there any way to prevent this?? Always happens when camping out.

Oletoffen 01-09-2021 03:30 AM

install http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2.html

this will fix it 100%

taxious 01-09-2021 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oletoffen (Post 3242511)

Link gives me a 404.

mcoy 01-09-2021 05:04 AM

http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2/

-Mcoy

Arvan 01-09-2021 05:08 AM

Im not sure how to fix your problem but I'm sure downloading links from random internet strangers is the right thing to do

Oletoffen 01-09-2021 08:48 AM

Well then its a question do u want to crash in EQ all the time or do u want to take the chance and fix it:D You can also try search Voodo or whats it was called again in Search p99 and u will see that more players have recommended this or you can do self research about the program in google ?.

When uhave installed it right u will get a dgvoodo watermark at the right botton of EQ screen. U can take this away in settings of the program. U never have to start the program again only run EQ as normal after getting it right the first time and no more crashes :D.

I would also recommend the GMs here to maby make a post or test this one for this is the solution for those who crashes. Atleast they who have gotten the "reset Device" fail / alt enter - zone crash - change char crash

Spunkmeyer 01-09-2021 04:14 PM

I downloaded the latest stable version at the link after doing a bit of research regarding its authenticity (seems legit from what I can tell) however I really have no idea what Im looking at here or how to actually use the program to stop these crashes.

Any input on this?