Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Polls (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Bonus XP? (/forums/showthread.php?t=5694)

Rogean 04-13-2010 10:48 AM

Bonus XP?

Bonus XP For Server Return

Crone 04-13-2010 10:49 AM

100% votes for 50% for 1 week! Close the poll!! :)

Agaron 04-13-2010 11:05 AM

I don't even care anymore. Just make Fri come faster. :)

Atennu 04-13-2010 11:09 AM

Not gonna kill anyone either or. I voted yes and i'm 50 with no chance of playing alts

Omnimorph 04-13-2010 11:14 AM

I voted no, but then i don't need incentive to play :p A journey with no hardship is hardly a journey at all :D

FatMagic 04-13-2010 11:15 AM

This would be such a nice help and bonus! Voted yes for week of 50%
But just for the week to get everyone back and going again.

stormlord 04-13-2010 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agaron (Post 44377)
I don't even care anymore. Just make Fri come faster. :)

Lol.

Isphet 04-13-2010 11:34 AM

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function." -F. Scott Fitzgerald

plusses to extra xp:
-encourages the community to play more during that week. More people = more gooderer server.
-more people play lower levels/alts, meaning more activity and grouping opportunities in lower level zones.
-gives newer players a chance to "catch up" a bit to the higher ones. Even well established raid guilds need new recruits to continue to grow and improve.

plusses to no extra xp:
-people are still stoked to have the server come back online. Population will be high enough without it.
-maintains integrity of the server's 'classic' tag.
-no drop off of players after the week long XP orgy.
-doesn't open the pandoras' box of incessant 'we need moar XP bonus weekendzz" on the forums.

I think I'm going to backtrack and instead vote for the xp bonus, even though it's not "classic" as I previously mentioned. What this special bonus is REALLY doing is helping the newer people/lowbies on the server to get a foothold in the community, which is more important to me than rigidly holding on to the nebulous concept of "classic server integrity."

And it never hurts to try something new. If it doesn't work out, then hey, it doesn't. Somehow, I think we'll continue to play on the server, either way. Right?

jilena 04-13-2010 11:42 AM

Voting FOR bonus xp chops at least an inch off your epeen.

Just making you all aware of the risks.

Kletus 04-13-2010 11:46 AM

I suppose this is now the official poll and not the thread in the Server Chat section so I'll copypaste my reasoning here =).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kletus (Post 43953)
Definitely against it. I just started 2 weeks ago and my only character is a level 11 rogue. I didn't come here for EZexp, I came here to enjoy EverQuest Classic. Thanks for getting the servers up and I like this server a lot but if this goes through then I'll be offline for another week as I don't want to cheapen my experience. Sad thing is that all my friends will level up during this time and I won't be able to group with them. Hope this is a bad joke for April.