Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Druid Bear Pet (Nature Walkers Behest) Questions (/forums/showthread.php?t=333913)

honeybee12874 09-15-2019 04:28 PM

Druid Bear Pet (Nature Walkers Behest) Questions

Hi friends!

I wanted to ask a few questions about the Druid bear pet. Does anyone know what level range the bear can be, how many HP he has and how hard he hits for?

I know the bear pet is pretty much a joke, but I was hoping to get some actual numbers to put to it.

Would he be any good for extra DPS if given a proc weapon such as a Deadwood Stave?

With my current setup (as some of you may have seen in my previous post) I am duoing with my boyfriend's Rogue and have been able to keep aggro on the mobs pretty well, kiting them while he backstabs. So the pet would just be for extra damage.

Any and all bear-related knowledge welcome! :D Thanks guys!

Droxx 09-15-2019 05:11 PM

Animals (including druid and shaman pets) cannot use weapons. As long as you can keep aggro, the pet will add DPS however minute.

loramin 09-15-2019 05:15 PM

I will say this: if you're doing somewhere like Kael and your raid is finishing giants off in a matter of seconds, the bear pet is the perfect way to make sure you get the faction hits without wasting any mana.

(Of course, you could charm a dire wolf pet also, but that's a very different and much more stressful experience.)

honeybee12874 09-15-2019 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droxx (Post 2961441)
Animals (including druid and shaman pets) cannot use weapons. As long as you can keep aggro, the pet will add DPS however minute.

You know, as soon as I posted this I had a feeling I made a mistake thinking I could equip weapons. Thanks for confirming!

Demoraliser 09-15-2019 05:20 PM

level 28 or 30?
480hp?
hits for 2-30?
Race: Bear
Class: Warrior

Duel someone and check your log for hp and dmg.

Qtip 09-15-2019 05:34 PM

Always good to keep pet up to reclaim for back up mana when you need. Do one of the mage Sol ro quests and you can click from inventory to get mana back from pet (600).

loramin 09-15-2019 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qtip (Post 2961454)
Always* good to keep pet up to reclaim for back up mana when you need. Do one of the mage Sol ro quests and you can click from inventory to get mana back from pet (600).

* as long as whatever you're fighting doesn't AoE :D

But yeah Qtip has a great point with this: the mage focus items are way underutilized by Druids and Shaman (both of whom don't get Reclaim Energy natively, but can use it through those items).

Jibartik 09-15-2019 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybee12874 (Post 2961444)
You know, as soon as I posted this I had a feeling I made a mistake thinking I could equip weapons. Thanks for confirming!

https://i.imgur.com/COpzgGI.png

Jenithia 09-16-2019 09:28 AM

You can also use it to track for named that are out of your tracking range. Make a hot key for it. /Pet attack Insertname

Benanov 09-16-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2961462)
The mage focus items are way underutilized by Druids and Shaman (both of whom don't get Reclaim Energy natively, but can use it through those items).

Or Shadowknights, who only get Reclaim Energy on gear if they're Erudite.

Of course the bone moron is a terrible DoT (it's always about half your level), and is most suitable as the bone shield, suitable for eating harmtouches...or as mentioned earlier, providing faction hits...but yeah, you could use it as a cheap mana battery on a raid.