Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   New bro- what classes are needed ? (/forums/showthread.php?t=383066)

Anthist 04-18-2021 10:57 PM

New bro- what classes are needed ?

Rolling new on p99 green after 20 some years... what do we need?? Pref melee but will do whatever can get a group the fastest!

unsunghero 04-19-2021 10:27 PM

If you intended to exclusively group and wanted to be still useful for end game stuff the answer is probably rogue

No hybrid exp penalty. Still decent dps even with budget gear. And still useful end game

Jibartik 04-19-2021 10:37 PM

Can never go wrong with monk if you want to group your way through the game and play melee.

Tethler 04-19-2021 10:38 PM

There is enough to every class, really. Just play what's fun for you.

Videri 04-19-2021 11:19 PM

Tank imo.

unleashedd 04-20-2021 05:02 AM

everyone has epic 60 alt of every class. play what you like

Jimjam 04-20-2021 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unleashedd (Post 3291815)
everyone has epic 60 alt of every class. play what you like

Not on green though.

IDK about the top end, but levelling up a few characters, there has always seemed plenty of every class to go round. I don't think anything is particularly short so the consensus of just roll what you'd like to play seems wise advice.

Grumph 04-20-2021 09:39 AM

If you don’t make your first and only character a warrior - refusing to make an alt till you get a Vulak drop - did you even play eq?

starkind 04-20-2021 10:21 AM

Healers and tanks will always find niche grps and players that like steady playtime, just don't leave ur new friends in the lurch and go hang out with them if u out lvl them, bring them gifts.

I find those two classes are the most helpful to other players. Druid or Cleric, and in Paladin if you really get something out of helping people.

To a lesser degree enchanter (EVUL THO), necromancer, monk, ranger.

If you just want to be fucking cool and pug on green do a rogue if you like pressing only 3 buttons ever but you will be able to just /hide and sneak and drop grp for like 40 minutes to take ur medicines and get right back to it

unsunghero 04-20-2021 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3291817)
I don't think anything is particularly short so the consensus of just roll what you'd like to play seems wise advice.

I did a /who all paladin the other day on green and there was 12 online on the entire server

I do a /who frequently in every zone I’m in (up to lev 35 atm). Most played class is either Druid or Necro, and there are probably more druids, Necros, and shaman on Green than every other class combined

There are hardly any rogues, I can go a week+ without seeing one. Hardly any paladins. Monks aren’t as common as I would expect. SK’s and clerics seem to have average representation. This is just from 1-35 haven’t been able to check the high lev zones since this is my first char

Edit: this is how I would rank representation for all classes on Green:

1. Druid
2. Necro (these 2 are so far above everyone else they could make their own server)
3. Shaman
4. Mag/enchanter (about equal rep)
5. Bard
6. Monk
7. Wizard
8. Cleric
9. SK
10. Warrior
11. Ranger
12. Rogue
13. Paladin