Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Server Down (/forums/showthread.php?t=1086)

messiah_b 11-22-2009 09:15 PM

Christ it wasn't 4c. Trust me you would notice the 500 new threads spamming pictures of flipper baby dick girls. Plus what pyro said linking there is much more likely to draw a few new players that to raise pulses.

Dreadder 11-22-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recyclebin (Post 6167)
I half agree with you Pyro -- I seriously doubt a DDoS, however the sheer weight of 4chan /b/ and /v/ combined can bring many small scale servers like this to its knees simply by attempting to all play at once.

This is true. I played a small game called Wurm Online that /b/ or /v/ or both.. "invaded". The sheer number of them crushed the server and made the game so unplayable for several days until the creator was able to get a better host to handle the load. As someone else pointed out though if this was the case I'm sure there would be a lot of spam threads from them.

Bubbles 11-23-2009 12:43 AM

Yeah, lets not forget the bottleneck of getting the eqemu account set up, getting Titanium in your hands and then up and running, and then finally logging into the server...

This wasn't 4chan. :)

Rallyd 11-23-2009 01:40 AM

I agree the odds of it being 4chan are limited, however, we did experience moderate lag quite a few times before the actual outage, either they were individual attacks, or maybe that was them creating accounts.

Either way who cares who did it, let's focus on the bright future of this absolutely incredible server.

Deanob 11-23-2009 01:49 AM

Ive seen many sites, chat rooms, servers etc. get over whelmed by 4chan before.... I don't doubt /b/s power...