Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   WoW ClasSiC [2019] DiScuSs (/forums/showthread.php?t=332746)

Chortles Snort|eS 08-28-2019 05:11 PM

WoW ClasSiC [2019] DiScuSs

ME baReLy haV tiMe for EVERQUEST but, ME curiouS ToO knO hoWW WoW ClasSiC [2019] turN ouT?!!

GuEsS mE aSkin fOre elF oPinIonS PLS?!!

Chortles Snort|eS 08-28-2019 05:33 PM

https://i.imgur.com/hpmVEii.gif

Mblake81 08-28-2019 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peanut5 (Post 2953176)
some servers have a 25k player que and a wait time of 300+ Minutes

some dude is going to hit 60 today apparently he said and has 100k streamers.

9th degree black belt virginity

over 9000

Evia 08-29-2019 10:05 AM

Im having fun. Queues were a little insane the first and second day but I think with the new servers launched it's ironing itself out.

aaezil 08-29-2019 10:37 AM

Wait in a 5 hour queue for a game you pay for every month...

GG blizzard

Nuggie 08-29-2019 08:19 PM

The more popular servers had pretty bad queue's. The less popular ones were in the 2-3k range.

I didn't play WoW until about 2007 when the starting areas were ghost towns. This is a much more pleasurable experience.

The players diving in and out of groups solely to get "their" part of whatever quest they are working on is highly annoying after exp groups in EQ lasting for hours as opposed to minutes in WoW. This is going to make it hard to build any type of community in the early game.

Mblake81 08-29-2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuggie (Post 2953523)
The players diving in and out of groups solely to get "their" part of whatever quest they are working on is highly annoying after exp groups in EQ lasting for hours as opposed to minutes in WoW. This is going to make it hard to build any type of community in the early game.

So it begins again..

Wonkie 08-29-2019 11:52 PM

someone named "wet nappy chan" is streaming this with 15k viewers

:(

NegaStoat 08-30-2019 01:31 PM

I finally rolled on Smolderweb as there's no queue and it appears to run with medium load off hours, high load during pacific prime time. I also tried out Deviate Delight but the lower pop is an issue and there's server side latency preventing me from chaining spells properly and having a longer looting / selling delay. I'm not having that problem being a CA resident playing on a pacific time server.

Meh, it's fun. It's real classic, with all of the NPC's doing the proper scripted actions that most Mang0s based private servers couldn't get right. Like the tauren warrior circle duel in Bloodhoof village or any of the orc children related scripting in Barrens. I do have a few Macro discoveries to relate though, if anyone is curious and playing the game.

On Mang0s based private servers using the Supermacro addon you could set up a HUGE amount of conditional macros that could do 2, 3, or even 4 things in proper sequence with the press of a button. Classic retail doesn't allow for this. The intent that's coded in is that one button will only ever do one thing, or one of two different things with some limited conditions. A condition of "if ability A is not on cooldown, do A - else do ability B" was not allowed, but here's the fix.

#showtooltip
/dismount
/castsequence Overpower
/cast Heroic Strike

The above macro will dismount you if necessary and then send 2 cast commands at the server at the same time, read in order of the lines - Overpower received to be performed first, and Heroic Strike. The game will attempt to Overpower first and then skip to Heroic Strike instead with one button press. As you can imagine, this is incredibly useful for warrior PvE leveling / grinding.

Orionsaight 08-30-2019 07:21 PM

Relatively early in wow I didn't have much brain power; so I hated it. but it would be interesting to see what it would be like to play it again. Ive played modern wow a bit and it isent that bad. Still seems like a McVideogame to me a bit.