Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   More layoffs at Daybreak Games (/forums/showthread.php?t=336030)

Fammaden 10-16-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2986941)
All true EQ fans should have both a heart and a brain

Many actual EQ players seem to be deficient in one or the other....or both.

Horza 10-16-2019 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2986941)
Anyone who doesn't see Pantheon as our last great hope for a modern "old school style" MMOG has no heart. Anyone who expects ... well, pretty much anything, from a former drug addict who defrauded his investors, has no brain.

All true EQ fans should have both a heart and a brain, even though that's inherently a contradiction.

How exactly is having both a heart and a brain a contradiction?

loramin 10-16-2019 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horza (Post 2987101)
How exactly is having both a heart and a brain a contradiction?

Man, you even quoted my entire post ... and then you ask a question about the last sentence, completely ignoring everything before it?

Horza 10-16-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2987149)
Man, you even quoted my entire post ... and then you ask a question about the last sentence, completely ignoring everything before it?

I just don't understand what Pantheon has to do with either.

Supreme 10-16-2019 03:09 PM

If DBG wants to save money the first thing they should do is move the hell out of San Diego...

Nuggie 10-16-2019 03:15 PM

They are remote workers, or some.

shuklak 10-17-2019 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supreme (Post 2987209)
If DBG wants to save money the first thing they should do is move the hell out of San Diego...

They need to attract top talent so they can rehash velious for their next expansion.

Bisonzabi 10-24-2019 10:41 PM

DBG died the moment they were created. A few months prior I quit EQ2 after ten years of on and off playing it. I could smell death in the water. SoE was dying much earlier than that and Sony/SGEA knew this hence why they sold the rights to these worthless IP's to some unknown financial company.

Bisonzabi 10-24-2019 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 2983072)
Their biggest mistake was cancelling EQ Next, it didn't look great as time went on (versus the original SOE trailer) but I think there'd have been a revenue stream from it if they'd done it properly.

EQ Next's debut video on youtube couldn't even muster up a million views on Youtube within a year of its release. That's red flags all over. If a veteran IP can't even gain that while other games in niche franchises can easily break 2 million in a single week, than you have to ask whether or not the IP is worth anything. This is why the buyer of DBG was some financial company from Russia and not a recognizable game publisher.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donkey Hotay (Post 2983571)
Pantheon's subreddit looks to be more than half convinced that Pantheon will be dead in six months. Apparently Brad recently scrawled some meandering missive that persuaded even the hardcore that he's back to snorting up budgets.

Lol I wouldn't be surprised. Vanguard taught me a lot. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.