Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Aldi (/forums/showthread.php?t=366726)

Bigsham 08-26-2020 08:42 PM

Aldi

I love aldi, its my favorite store.

Its a simple system, 1 choice, their brand.

They pack a whole grocery store into a small store and the prices are very reasonable.

Have you been to aldi? Did you like it?

Post your thoughts.

Snortles Chortles 08-26-2020 08:55 PM

poor

Baler 08-26-2020 09:10 PM

Smoked some ribs I bought from Aldis this past weekend. Got to say they were pretty damn good.

all n all it's okay, I like how much they cram into a small space. It's less of a theme park grocery store and more of a necessity store.
Neutral opinion on the store

OP is banned, maybe staff will lock this thread for what it actually is.
Hi BigSham who is reading this post.

Woke Locc 08-26-2020 09:16 PM

There aren't any here

Sorry I don't get Aldi :(

BlackBellamy 08-26-2020 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigsham (Post 3174997)
I love aldi, its my favorite store.

Its a simple system, 1 choice, their brand.

They pack a whole grocery store into a small store and the prices are very reasonable.

Have you been to aldi? Did you like it?

Post your thoughts.

I've been to Aldi. My mother sent me in because she didn't want to be seen. I lived in Park Ridge, IL and it was a snobby town, very Jewish. We shopped at the modern and new Jewel and there was a shunned Aldi across the street.

We needed potato flour and we really needed it for the pancakes. Jewel was out and it was too late to run down to the other store so she parked on the side like no one was going to see that giant Cadillac and I went in. Aldi didn't have the flour either.

Oh perfect, my story goes right with I went once and did not like it, i wont return.

Adron 08-26-2020 10:37 PM

Aldi is great for what it is. you learn what generic things really are good enough(potato chips, peanut butter, diet soda), which ones suck (looking at you, off-brand doritos), and which things are out and out awesome, like their deli pizzas. produce is cheap, meat isn't.
Aldi is a halfling warrior in crustacean armor, with a reaver. it'll do for most stuff.

magnetaress 08-26-2020 10:53 PM

people who shop at aldi are shopping at the yankee equivalence to the family dollar.

Voted last 2 tho

Videri 08-27-2020 01:56 AM

How did Bigsham get banned again? I mean, I know he constantly disparages everyone, but...I didn't think that was bannable. :confused:

DMN 08-27-2020 02:07 AM

All die?

Swish 08-27-2020 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adron (Post 3175063)
Aldi is great for what it is. you learn what generic things really are good enough(potato chips, peanut butter, diet soda), which ones suck (looking at you, off-brand doritos), and which things are out and out awesome, like their deli pizzas. produce is cheap, meat isn't.
Aldi is a halfling warrior in crustacean armor, with a reaver. it'll do for most stuff.

This is pretty much it. Aldi is a bit of a cult among the elderly and coupon queens who will drive a few miles further to save a few $$. I like some of their stuff, but generally I don't have the patience to go to two places.

In the UK their fruit/veg can be very hit and miss :(