Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Launcher Issues ( Debugger / eqgame) (/forums/showthread.php?t=329563)

Karreck 07-08-2019 04:16 PM

Launcher Issues ( Debugger / eqgame)

Some basics first.
I am running Windows 10. I acquired a virtual copy of Titanium. I installed, did not patch, and then downloaded and unzipped the Project 1999 zip. I deleted the files that were listed to delete in the starting guide.

When I double click "Launch Titanium", I get the following message.

"You can not attach a debugger while playing Project 1999."

I click okay, and I get this message.

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142).
Click OK to close the application."

To the best of my knowledge, I am not running a debugger, but I am also unsure what a debugger is so....
I checked this forum and found people having similar issues who were running AVG. I run Avast, so nothing there. Some also suggested running the launch as Administrator. So I do that, and I get the following message.

"Windows can not find 'eqgame'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

My cmd prompt also pops up during this, and the following is listed.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>start eqgame patchme

I have uninstalled and reinstalled already.

Does anybody have any ideas as to a solution?

elwing 07-08-2019 10:47 PM

I sometime get this, when I get it, I need to reboot the computer or I keep getting the same error. The debugger detection seems a bit bugged to me...

Kavious 07-09-2019 06:07 AM

Would move your EQ directory out of Program Files folder of you had placed it there. I place mine in the C: directory directly so its C:\Everquest

Also your antivirus may blocking needed EQ files since your getting the debugger error. You may need to add an exemption/exception to allow/whitelist the EQ directory/files. This can be an issues with any antivirus program. The anti-hack setup appears as a virus/trojan to antivirus programs

Legidias 07-09-2019 08:20 AM

The debugger is a thing P99 has for anticheat purposes. Firewalls and antivirus (including Avast) will block that, which then blocks P99 from running.

Add exception to the whole EQ folder or disable the antivirus for 10 mins while you boot up EQ (once its open, it will stay open even if antivirus comes back on)

Jessie 07-18-2019 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legidias (Post 2934178)
The debugger is a thing P99 has for anticheat purposes. Firewalls and antivirus (including Avast) will block that, which then blocks P99 from running.

Add exception to the whole EQ folder or disable the antivirus for 10 mins while you boot up EQ (once its open, it will stay open even if antivirus comes back on)

How do you add exception? I'm having the same issues...

Legidias 07-18-2019 11:27 AM

That's specific to your antivirus. Just google your antivirus and how to add exceptions

sonicjoose 07-18-2019 04:19 PM

You can disable your antivirus till you boot the game

eqaddict56 09-27-2019 07:25 AM

For Avast

I had this same issue. Thank you for this easy fix.

Avast was causing my problem.
I fixed this by going to:
-Avast Menu
-Settings
-Exceptions
-Add exception

Then i selected the entire directory where my p99 game files are installed.

This fixed my issue. Hopefully it can help someone else.

Thanks!