Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Tempest deleted my goodbye, here it is (/forums/showthread.php?t=314380)

weaseal 01-06-2019 03:00 PM

Tempest deleted my goodbye, here it is

I left Tempest today and posted a goodbye on their forum. Within 5 minutes, my post was deleted. I paste it here unedited as I wanted to say goodbye to my friends:
Quote:

Hey Tempest,

With a very heavy heart, I have decided to take some time away. This was a difficult decision to come to, because I love this guild and have always had a great amount of fun raiding with all of you. You are all an exceptional bunch of people who deserve great things. Unfortunately, due to a particular member, it's been very hard for me to have fun when I log in to raids lately.

A few of you have been especially helpful and kind to me as I learned the basics of raiding, being patient with so many newbie questions and taking time to show me how to gain an edge over our competition. I haven't forgotten those times and it makes it all the harder to say goodbye.

I'm not leaving the server nor giving my toons away. If you see me on, it really is me. I hope we can find ways to continue to connect in game outside of the guild.

I really wish things were different. Please don't be strangers.

Wishing you all the best,
Kan

matticas 01-06-2019 03:01 PM

No accusations or cheap jabs. No name-and-shame. Heartfelt. Classy goodbye. Best of luck to you, wherever you end up. <3

Cecily 01-06-2019 03:23 PM

Congrats on leaving a toxic environment. That's more difficult than you might think, particularly the longer you've been "invested" in it. I encourage you to do one better and to consider quitting EQ. Stop raiding and start focusing on the remaining 30-40 years of life you probably have left. Dead serious, I would murder every single one of you to get back the 6 years I spent here back.

bomaroast 01-06-2019 03:27 PM

Are you talking about P99 or the forums or a guild that you're not a part of?

Nikkanu 01-06-2019 03:48 PM

Sadly typical of Tempest leadership. The only reason they have a guild left is the remaining members that have months or years invested in building up DKP and are waiting to DKP dump if they can manage to get some decent kills before they implode completely.

Kazik 01-06-2019 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecily (Post 2836863)
I encourage you to do one better and to consider quitting EQ. Stop raiding and start focusing on the remaining 30-40 years of life you probably have left. Dead serious, I would murder every single one of you to get back the 6 years I spent here back.

And yet you're still on the forums?

Lets be honest, you wouldn't have done shit with those six years.

Cecily 01-06-2019 04:27 PM

Lie down on the pentagram please.

d3r14k 01-06-2019 04:31 PM

Cecily could have been Dr. Kekily with those six years!

To OP: Leaving a guild is always tricky. It's not like all your old buds are dead though. Now you have the benefit of only talking to the people you want. By the way please name and shame the Tempest asshole who strong-armed you out of the guild with his assholery.

Name and shame. For science.

kaev 01-06-2019 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d3r14k (Post 2836899)
For science.

weaseal 01-06-2019 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d3r14k (Post 2836899)
To OP: Leaving a guild is always tricky. It's not like all your old buds are dead though. Now you have the benefit of only talking to the people you want. By the way please name and shame the Tempest asshole who strong-armed you out of the guild with his assholery.

Name and shame. For science.

You know who it is. Kinda rhymes with smell finger.