Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   EC in HD textures. demo (/forums/showthread.php?t=338573)

Psycher 10-29-2019 11:13 AM

EC in HD textures. demo

With the release of green, I've decided to maybe pick up where i left off with my my zone/mob/object re texture project. And since there are less zones on green, i won't be so overwhelmed. Also I'm using newer up scaling tech which uses AI to fill in some data.

So I'm a bit rusty at this and needed to re download programs and extract textures and all that bologna. After a bit of trial and error, i was able to retexture ALL of EC, including npcs, objects and environment. The textures were upscaled x 4 using gigabpixel AI. It also helps if you have EQ Classic HD to make global textures look better.

To install, just extract the three .s3d files into your everquest directory. I suggest backing up your vanilla textures so you can revert the changes.

Download link here for East Commons in HD (4x)

jcbbjjttt 10-29-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycher (Post 3005263)
With the release of green, I've decided to maybe pick up where i left off with my my zone/mob/object re texture project. And since there are less zones on green, i won't be so overwhelmed. Also I'm using newer up scaling tech which uses AI to fill in some data.

So I'm a bit rusty at this and needed to re download programs and extract textures and all that bologna. After a bit of trial and error, i was able to retexture ALL of EC, including npcs, objects and environment. The textures were upscaled x 4 using gigabpixel AI. It also helps if you have EQ Classic HD to make global textures look better.

To install, just extract the three .s3d files into your everquest directory. I suggest backing up your vanilla textures so you can revert the changes.

Download link here for East Commons in HD (4x)

This is beautiful! Please keep up the great work. I'm currently in The Karanas with intent to go to High Pass soon (hint hint wink wink).

Psycher 10-29-2019 04:16 PM

i just did highpass for ya, let me know what you think. I just checked it out and looks pretty good. it takes about an hour of processing and converting wish i could do all the zones quicker. ill prolly make a video tutorial so i can get help if there's interest.

here's the download link

Savok 10-29-2019 08:37 PM

Looking good, works well with the HD textures.

loramin 10-29-2019 10:11 PM

Screenshots please.

fzzzt 10-29-2019 11:00 PM

Butcherblock is super populated atm on green if you want another target. :)

FungusTrooper 10-29-2019 11:17 PM

Totes make a tutorial.

jcbbjjttt 10-30-2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycher (Post 3005757)
i just did highpass for ya, let me know what you think. I just checked it out and looks pretty good. it takes about an hour of processing and converting wish i could do all the zones quicker. ill prolly make a video tutorial so i can get help if there's interest.

here's the download link

Please do! I would definitely try to help.

feniin 10-30-2019 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 3006347)
Screenshots please.

Drunk On NyQuil 10-30-2019 05:03 PM

Excellent, would love some more Vanilla zones done this way.