Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Error in your GUI XML files - workaround (/forums/showthread.php?t=334543)

Nashobaoka 09-23-2019 10:11 PM

Error in your GUI XML files - workaround

i ran into this error lastnight after moving a working eq folder to another computer, nothing on the forums worked, so i downloaded WinEQ2 and ran it, guess what? problem solved, i no longer have the error and the game runs smooth now. Hopefully this solves this error in the future for others that run into this bug. i would like to know what causes this error as the UIErrors file did not show any errors or missing files, only a time stamp from when the error file was created.

abbelyn 09-24-2019 06:39 AM

Typically I've seen this when I'm tryin out new UIs or changing UI pieces. Any recent changes there? (other than the ones with the the patches)

Nashobaoka 09-24-2019 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abbelyn (Post 2966840)
Typically I've seen this when I'm tryin out new UIs or changing UI pieces. Any recent changes there? (other than the ones with the the patches)

i reinstalled the game today from scratch and installed only the current patch and got the same error so i installed WinEQ2 again and it fixed the error, UIerror file still didn't show any missing or corrupted files just a time stamp, i later installed DuxaUI and it still gave me the error when launching it through eqgame.exe instead of launching the game through WinEQ2.

abbelyn 09-24-2019 08:17 AM

I wonder if the changes to lock out the UI windows they did broke the UI files somewhere. But if that was the case it would be everyone (with the latest patch) that would be seeing this.

Does it happen if you revert to the patch right before the pet window fix? I think that still works currently.