Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Rogue weapon swap for BS? (/forums/showthread.php?t=408748)

Garnaak 10-03-2022 05:39 AM

Rogue weapon swap for BS?

What I have read tends to be all over the place.

60/40 Auto/BS damage
*Auto-attack timer reset when primary swap
Just keep highest damage mainhand
on and on...

I could probably come to whatever conclusion I want by reading all the threads.

I would like to keep low delay permanently in primary and just swap to high damage for BS click. The * item is the only thing making me think otherwise. Truth or rumor? I guess even if true, I could turn auto off, swap, BS, swap, auto on. But could mess with damage output if I don't get these moves done smooth. Or maybe even server tick messes with it?

I guess the reason for this question concerns my next possible purchase?

Sebilite Croaking Dirk (Main)
or
Winters Fury (Off-hand)

PatChapp 10-03-2022 07:42 AM

Winters fury is always a good purchase,you will use it for a very long time.
What are you using main hand now

Garnaak 10-03-2022 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatChapp (Post 3513114)
What are you using main hand now

I have Rabid Chokidai Fang (14/29) mainhand currently. I do have a Sarnak Backstabber (10/20) That I could be swapping but have not done that yet.

Just got fang to replace Frozen Shard (13/26) that was my mainhand. I was lower level, so damage bonus was not enough to think about swapping yet.

Toxigen 10-03-2022 10:16 AM

Seb Croaking Dirk is what you seek.

Garnaak 10-03-2022 09:14 PM

Ok, I picked up a croaker today. Tried swapping on some blue mobs and I think I can do it in normal situations where the mob is pretty stable. Wouldn't want to be swapping and chasing though.

Did not notice any strange extended no hit periods, like timer was reset to 2.9 or something. Croaker was hitting pretty regular.

Cecily 10-04-2022 12:37 PM

I can't justify tryharding enough to do this on raid mobs, I use a 12/17 mainhand, much less sub-46 content. Croaker mainhand shreds anything of that level and is a solid post-epic offhand to 60.

Tethler 10-08-2022 01:07 AM

It's not worth the effort to weapon swap in combat for backstabs

Solist 10-08-2022 02:35 PM

Sure it is.

Both with Mrylokars or Thorn mainhand, claw/fang/essence/tuna whip offhand and swapping in ragebringer to offhand for backstabs is definitely worth it.

Swapping mainhand is pretty tryhard excepting maybe when using vyemm main and mrylokars offhand. But that'd probably be about equal dps with mrylokar mainhand vyemm offhand and swap the offhand to RB for backstabs. Within a dps or two if I had to guess.

Sub 60, and below that level of gear? It's likely not worth the stuffing around.

Encroaching Death 10-08-2022 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solist (Post 3516547)
Swapping mainhand is pretty tryhard

Tethler 10-10-2022 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solist (Post 3516547)
Sure it is.

Both with Mrylokars or Thorn mainhand, claw/fang/essence/tuna whip offhand and swapping in ragebringer to offhand for backstabs is definitely worth it.

Swapping mainhand is pretty tryhard excepting maybe when using vyemm main and mrylokars offhand. But that'd probably be about equal dps with mrylokar mainhand vyemm offhand and swap the offhand to RB for backstabs. Within a dps or two if I had to guess.

Sub 60, and below that level of gear? It's likely not worth the stuffing around.

And how much dps does all that get you?