Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Whats the longest EQ session you've had!?!? (/forums/showthread.php?t=33748)

Aniita 04-18-2011 08:02 AM

Whats the longest EQ session you've had!?!?

I'm just curious as to peoples longest video game session, not necessarily EQ. But since Kunark dropped I could sware some people haven't logged off.

I did a 72 hour LAN once (that was brutal!)

Whats the longest you've stayed up gaming?

Polixenes 04-18-2011 08:25 AM

My longest was 27 hours camping JBoots. That's the longest I've ever stayed awake at one time, for any reason.

It was at the end of July, 1999. (A two-day public holiday here, so that's how I remember the date). The Drezlna camp was respected as a wait-in-line camp on Innoruuk, at least on the day I went, and that's how long it took for 6 pairs to drop. I slept for 13 hours straight after that.

Seeatee 04-18-2011 08:30 AM

mine also was around the 70 ish hour mark ( it could have been a bit more or a bit less lost track of time after a while ) , camping stormfeather, that camp was brutal.

MelxDruid 04-18-2011 09:09 AM

About 30 hours camping Stormfeather on Fennin Ro server. Ironically, I happened to look away when he spawned and I soon realised he was pathing all around the island. After a quick /disc duelist I killed him on my rogue, seconds later a ranger arrived, he was probably pissed.

Ingrum 04-18-2011 09:42 AM

Just did about 30 hours straight, mostly in KC, last week. I don't know how or why but over 2 whole levels and 2 Ringed Maces of the Ykesha later I was a very happy and exhausted warrior. I don't think that I ever did that back in the day on live.

I think that my closest gaming binges to that had to be playing through Mass Effect 2 right after beating Mass Effect and similarly playing through Baldur's Gate 2 right after replaying Baldur's Gate.

Yushu 04-18-2011 09:44 AM

Back on the nameless when BoD finally cleared VT, stayed up all night and waited out until AHR and her final mobs popped the next day.. Can't remember when we finally logged off. But we definitely had a few people calling in to work IRL...

Volsic 04-18-2011 10:07 AM

Nothing major. 24+ hours a couple time. Longest was probably a time I had been on all day, ran a raid with my guild that night and then around 2am or so I got a tell from another guild saying they were losing their raid leader and needed someone who knew how to run Fear, so I stayed on to help them finish up... then did a Phinny Run with my guild the next morning.

Kika Maslyaka 04-18-2011 11:30 AM

...I hear I thought that my 9 hours straight doing 8 LDONs in a row were insane enough :D

nilbog 04-18-2011 11:50 AM

eqlive - 48 hours fearplane/cr fearplane

Swish 04-18-2011 11:56 AM

48 hours straight after Tholuxe Paells came up, I had slept, I had coffee (in the absence of Red Bull) and I had a blast. Would have liked to have been the first shaman to 60 but sadly there were those who took on a rotation system and got there quicker :(

That said, I did make a small fortune in SoW pots :D