Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Hybrid Tank Question (/forums/showthread.php?t=381760)

Vellicon 04-04-2021 08:12 AM

Hybrid Tank Question

This question has probably been asked before, but I have a question about Paladin vs Shadowknight classes. Do to my work schedule and family commitments my playtimes can be limited and due to a 2 1/2 year old, grouping isn't always possible. At the moment I have a level 8 Dwarf Paladin and I was thinking about making a Dark Elf Shadowknight. So my question is which one is better for soloing level appropriate content when grouping isn't an option? Thanks.

Tenlaar 04-04-2021 10:12 AM

Shadow knight, without any question. Invis, FD, and the ability to fear kite.

Jimjam 04-04-2021 10:30 AM

You don’t get invis nor fd til like 30, but yeah sk has some nice tricks.

Samoht 04-04-2021 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vellicon (Post 3283237)
Dark Elf Shadowknight.

I'm feeling encumbered just thinking about it.

Vellicon 04-04-2021 10:52 AM

Thanks for the replies. I thought the SK might be better solo, but I was wondering what other people thought. Also I know DEs are the weaker SK race, I just don't care for Ogres and Trolls. I've always had a liking for DEs.

Snaggles 04-04-2021 11:27 AM

I’d say a paladin is on par to about low 50’s, it’s way quicker depending on your budget. SK’s 50+ though can solo in places like the hole easier with less issues.

It’s more time than energy. The sk has more options and if played well with a bummed clarity can put down more in that same period of time in the high levels.

Baler 04-04-2021 11:29 AM

troll sk if you want to tag/pull
ogre sk if you want to tank
iksar sk if you want greenmist
half-elf paladin if you want nature's defender for group tanking
dwarf paladin for barrel rolls
erudite paladin for fashion/shield
ranger for tracking camped in fear.

Vellicon 04-04-2021 01:35 PM

My other question is any suggestions for the extra stat points? I am thinking of rolling a Dark Elf SK but I am open to giving an Ogre a try. Any suggestions for each would be awesome. Thanks.

tycohunden 04-04-2021 01:54 PM

SK is great fun, I leveled one up when my kid was around yours age, at that time there was a lack of tanks so people basically called for me to come by and were super nice about when I needed breaks for the kid. Idk about soloing though, it wasn't all that fun or easy.

DeathsSilkyMist 04-04-2021 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vellicon (Post 3283386)
My other question is any suggestions for the extra stat points? I am thinking of rolling a Dark Elf SK but I am open to giving an Ogre a try. Any suggestions for each would be awesome. Thanks.

If you go Ogre dump into INT. You will start with plenty of STR and STA, and most tank gear is focused on giving more STR and STA. Its harder to find tank gear that also has INT/Mana.

Ogres specifically also start with under 75 AGI, so you want to get to 75 AGI to avoid the AC penalty. So that means 5 points into AGI and 15 into INT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tycohunden (Post 3283393)
SK is great fun, I leveled one up when my kid was around yours age, at that time there was a lack of tanks so people basically called for me to come by and were super nice about when I needed breaks for the kid. Idk about soloing though, it wasn't all that fun or easy.

Shadowknights can solo quite well, especially once you get Feign Death at 30. Fear kiting is a great way to avoid taking damage.