Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Introducing Project 1999: Green (/forums/showthread.php?t=333743)

Mynxx 09-13-2019 05:00 PM

yay!!!

magicfest2 09-13-2019 05:03 PM

Yeah, I hope/assume the list-enabled items will only be stuff that's solo-able and eventually nerfed/removed...

I'm currently imagining zoning into Upper Guk and getting on the list for a Ghoulbane while the lord group doesn't actually want/need me in it -- or being in the lord group but being third on the list, after some guy who was in the zone before me but is invisible in the corner chatting with their friends and playing Mario Kart.

Or, even for solo-camps, the person who is first on the list is just *really bad* and can't/doesn't find and kill the mob in a timely fashion. Does the list just stall?

I guess this is why there's GMs/Guides? :D
It'd be nice if we were confident that there are good automated solutions to these issues...

Edit: Forgot to say possibly the most important part, which is that *regardless* I am *SUPER STOKED ABOUT GREEN* and it is difficult for me to physically contain my excitement. I have been looking forward to this for a long time! Thanks to everyone involved in getting this going! <3

zaneosak 09-13-2019 05:05 PM

Can anybody that has played from the beginning tell me how bad the playing experience is with 100s of players in the low level zones? I have been on P99 on and off for 5 years now, enjoy the nostalgic feelings and population of zones. Will there is "unplayability" trying to get out of the gate or will it be not so bad? I am envisioning zones like Unrest and Oasis being 50+ players at primetime, which sounds cool at first but nightmarish at the same time, perhaps it will require people to delve out of those zones into other zones to XP, there is plenty of places with decent ZEM and mob counts to play in the 10-30.

I'm excited to try something fresh seeing as I didn't start P99 until 1/2 way thru its lifespan. Looking forward to trying.

Chortles Snort|eS 09-13-2019 05:10 PM

PrAS CT
👏🏽🙏🏽🙌🏽

baakss 09-13-2019 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daldaen (Post 2960242)
Lastly regarding cross-server boxing. I don’t know the technical requirements for this but I would highly encourage preventing 1 character on Green and 1 character on Blue being allowed.

This is a great idea tbh.

vetia 09-13-2019 05:13 PM

THANK YOU SO MUCH OMGGGGGGGG
ONLY DISCOVERED P99 LAST YEAR, CAME AT THE RIGHT TIME
WILL BE DONATING!!
FORGIVE ALL CAPS I'M JUST SO EXCITED
YAYAYAYAYAYAY

HATERS/COMPLAINERS/"WITHHOLDERS": GO MAKE YOUR OWN EVERQUEST PROJECT THEN :)

Zeboim 09-13-2019 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magicfest2 (Post 2960341)
Or, even for solo-camps, the person who is first on the list is just *really bad* and can't/doesn't find and kill the mob in a timely fashion. Does the list just stall?

I'm betting that in this case other people just kill the mob for them, drop a loc or whatever and tell them to come get their stuff as soon as the loot timer ends just so that they'll get out of the way.

Coridan 09-13-2019 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nilbog (Post 2960116)
Character Names
You will not be able to create a character on Green with the same name as a character on Blue, unless you are on the same account that owns that character on Blue. We may also bring the server up early to allow character creations ahead of time. We will try to announce this as much in advance as we can.

Please do a name clean up before launch for people sitting on cool names on banned accounts or other accounts that haven't logged in for over 5 years and aren't level 10+ or something

Jadian 09-13-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaneosak (Post 2960343)
Can anybody that has played from the beginning tell me how bad the playing experience is with 100s of players in the low level zones? I have been on P99 on and off for 5 years now, enjoy the nostalgic feelings and population of zones. Will there is "unplayability" trying to get out of the gate or will it be not so bad? I am envisioning zones like Unrest and Oasis being 50+ players at primetime, which sounds cool at first but nightmarish at the same time, perhaps it will require people to delve out of those zones into other zones to XP, there is plenty of places with decent ZEM and mob counts to play in the 10-30.

I'm excited to try something fresh seeing as I didn't start P99 until 1/2 way thru its lifespan. Looking forward to trying.

It's literally the most fun you can have on these servers short of being the first to compete for newly opened raid mobs

Mewse 09-13-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaneosak (Post 2960343)

You'll probably want to be either ahead of, or behind, the curve. The first few weeks are going to be an absolute nightmare, fighting over every skeleton and orc, until people start to spread out. You can probably expect to be on a waiting list before every group you join for quite some time.

Still, it'll be a lot of fun. Just embrace the chaos.